PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

rbeaver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No vibration when receiving email

My Touch Pro 2 does not vibrate when I receive an email. The vibration notification works fine for texts and phone calls.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Re: No vibration when receiving email

did you go to notifications in the settings and turn vibrate on for emails.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rbeaver is a n00b

I'm sorry....let me clarify.....it doesn't vibrate for email notifications when I have the phone in vibrate mode...I do receive vibration notifications of texts and phone calls when I have the phone in vibrate mode.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaver View Post
I'm sorry....let me clarify.....it doesn't vibrate for email notifications when I have the phone in vibrate mode...I do receive vibration notifications of texts and phone calls when I have the phone in vibrate mode.
It's under SETTINGS > SOUND > ADVANCED > NOTIFICATION > drop down select New Email Mssgs > SELECT VIBRATE BOX.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ps2phreek is a n00b

I'm pretty sure the default is not to vibrate for email notifications even if the phone is in vibrate mode. I believe you have to go to the notification settings and enable vibrate for email notifications for that to happen.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rbeaver is a n00b

What I'm trying to accomplish is to receive a email vibration notification while the phone is in vibrate mode and no notification while the phone is not in vibration mode. I had that option with my Treo 700wx but it doesn't appear to be available on the Touch Pro 2. I turned on the vibration for emails and am now receiving a vibration notification while the phone is in vibration mode. I don't have that turned on for texts and still receive a vibration notification. Must be a quirk w/ the TP 2
Old 01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

I'm having a similar issue except that I have set my device to vibrate when receiving a text and it does not do so. My phone vibrates/rings on incoming calls. I have checked my settings in notifications and it is checked off to vibrate on new incoming texts. Ideas? I am currently on the stock ROM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

My wife gets sooo mad when this happens.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

teamgk13 is just getting started

Try phoneAlarm. You can customize the notifications all you want, sounds, vibrations, LEDs, with or without visual notifications. It has a "host" program to run in the background, which I like using Sense/LF3D, or you can place it on the Home screen if you're using SPB.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:16 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaver View Post
What I'm trying to accomplish is to receive a email vibration notification while the phone is in vibrate mode and no notification while the phone is not in vibration mode. I had that option with my Treo 700wx but it doesn't appear to be available on the Touch Pro 2. I turned on the vibration for emails and am now receiving a vibration notification while the phone is in vibration mode. I don't have that turned on for texts and still receive a vibration notification. Must be a quirk w/ the TP 2
makesure your system sound & ringer sound are separate & not turned on as 1.
Also make sure you use the drop down box in NOTIFICATION to properly associate with each action. I know there is an plenty of choices for each action.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2