PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

terrykrueger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon 6.5 Update - Bugs n' Qs

I apologize in advance if there is a thread like this - didn't see one. Anyhow I did the official Verizon upgrade. Yes I like some things, but had a few probs. Maybe others have or haven't - I would like to test the waters.

Big Irritants
1. The Lock: Twice I was in a situation where the slider lock would not come on. The top button caused it to say 'The backlight is off' but there was no way to unlock - except remove the cover and soft reset. I think the workaround was to change it back to the old style lock.

2. Mysterious 'Services.exe' error. Three times. Not sure why. Only remedy was a reboot.

3. The Music tab: I was already really annoyed by the fact that if you want something to play at the end of the alphabet (e.g. Weezer, Wu Tang) you have to scroll forever (no starting where I was last), but now when I select an artist, the thing automatically scrolls a few pages away from my selection.

Minor
1. Doesn't seem any faster - maybe even slower. Even got my first 'out of memory' error.
2. That nifty animation on the home screen is sometimes there, sometimes not. Not sure why.
3. Location thought I was in merry 'ol England for a while. I would like that if I wasn't in Vernon marsh Wisconsin
4. The flip clock - why does it intentionally put the wrong time then 'adjust' to the right time?

Cool
1. Location finally knows where I am for weather - even in the middle of nowhere
2. I am a sucker for the childish animations - snow building up on my screen - how cool!

I was always jazzed about my first WinMo phone that worked flawlessy with no cooked roms. . .

Last edited by terrykrueger; 01-26-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Verizon 6.5 Update - Bugs n' Qs

I haven't had any lock issue.

No Services.exe error

Don't play music on the phone.

There is a cab to disable push pages, get that it will clear up ram on boot.

Nifty animation bugs out doing simple things like going to start and clicking all programs. Go back to home page, its dead. I use a program called clean ram which cleans ram and resets touchflo so animation will work again until it bugs out again.

Location should be good.

Flip clock has cab to disable it.

Search for the cabs and files mentioned above and should take care of most issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

All issues were covered here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105161
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

terrykrueger is a n00b

I contacted HTC on the problem with the Artist moving - no resolution - known bug.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2