PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

drtdiver83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
after use a hard reset is needed

i have noticed that no matter what rom im on that after about a week or 2 that a hard rest is required to keep the phone running smooth. im currently on mighty rom. the only thing that i set up is email and and microsoft my phone. i dont even install any software. it gets to the point that the phone constantly lags and freezes. when a new rom is flashed everything is perfect then it just starts to go down hill after about a week of use.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: after use a hard reset is needed

Need to make sure your opera cache isn't getting to full. I have memmaid auto clean mine alot. Also prolly should be starting from a stock oem prior to a custom flash. Hard resetting before/after flashing. If you did this already then I dunno. I'd maybe go back to 6.1 oem and start over. Also look at stuff your installing, maybe something's sapping mem away after awhile. You didn't state if your losing program mem.
Just reread your post and see you didn't install any apps. Was the original rom (oem) like this? I'm back on 6.1 myself as it is such a stability/speed dream. I've tried almost all, yet end up back here everytime.

Last edited by cbreze; 01-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

im going to check into the opera cache because i basically just surf the web with this phone. i dont install anything extra basically just the mighty rom. perform the normal procedure listed in his thread of what to do when flashing a new rom. i think it may be the web browser cache getting out of hand.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Have you flashed back to stock, HR, then flash the new ROM and HR also? Many people are having issues when jumping from ROM to ROM, even with HR's after flashing. I've been flashing back to stock adn then HR before flashing another chef's ROM and HR'ing again, and don't tend to have any issues at all. Try flashing back to stock, HR and flash the custom ROM, HR and see how that works.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

yes i have tried going back to stock hr then custom hr all that stuff. i think it could be a cache issue. so with that done are there any recomendations on a program that could do this automatically. again thanks for all the input on my issue.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

these phones are junk! lol
Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
lol nice mike i am using your rom which is pretty awesome. thanks for all the hard work you do.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
LMAO!!! They are before you get your hands on them!! If people would just follow your posts and do as they're told... there's no problems!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2