PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 with MightyROM
Carrier: Verizon

Explodee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon WM 6.5 issues

I upgraded to the new Verizon 6.5 ROM the other day and so far I guess I like it. Just a couple things that I had going on 6.1 that I can't quite get working on 6.5.

1. I got BG for all tabs working, but if I do that, the weather animation on the home screen does not work anymore. If I uninstall the cab the weather animations come back. I got it to do the animations on a non default BG by replacing a manila file. But only if I DO NOT have BG for all tabs installed.

2, Has anyone gotten a solid transparent slider working. I tried a bunch and couldn't get it. It kind of does it already but only for the home screen. I'll post pics to show you what I'm talking about. The home screen has a semi-transparent bar at the bottom behind all the slider icons, but the rest of the tabs have an ugly gray/black bar that blocks out the bottom portion of my wallpaper.

3. What's the deal with getting rid of the Manila start menu? I tried a couple different cabs and they did not make any differences and I also edited some Manila registry stuff I found on another post. I like the look of the WM 6.5 start menu a lot better. I also wanted to get more than the standard 3 columns of icons and the MenuStart4Columns cab that was posted on this site doesnt work either.

Gone are the simple days of Bitpim and easy phone modding, Now I gotta deal with ROM's and kitchens and cabs and flashing and registry editing, and all sorts of crazy stuff I have never heard of until about 2 years ago. Enough to make a man karate chop a $200 phone in half. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Verizon WM 6.5 issues

I give up... What's "BG"?

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
I give up... What's "BG"?

background

~John
Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Explodee is a n00b

Back Ground
Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

2. You need to install the following cab and also copy the following manilla file to windows directory.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodee View Post
3. What's the deal with getting rid of the Manila start menu? I tried a couple different cabs and they did not make any differences and I also edited some Manila registry stuff I found on another post. I like the look of the WM 6.5 start menu a lot better. I also wanted to get more than the standard 3 columns of icons and the MenuStart4Columns cab that was posted on this site doesnt work either.
The attached cab will take care of the start menu problem for you. I got it from the 6.5 is out thread.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Programs Tab Fix.cab (19.6 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Explodee is a n00b

Awesome! Thanks guys, I got most of the stuff I was looking for. I swear I looked up and down the VZW 6.5 post and didn't see half the stuff posted from there. But, there is still a couple hiccups. When I said make the slider transparent I meant make it transparent AND get rid of the curtains, which I did. But the curtains are there on all the pages except the home page. Is there a way around this? Also does anyone have any advice on problem #1 from the original post?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2