PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Few noob questions...

1.How can I uninstall/remove completely stuff like Sprint TV, Sprint NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR, Adobe Reader LE, etc.?? They do not show up in the Settings > System > Remove Programs, and before I go and hunt them down in file explorer I figured I better ask and not mess anything up hehe.

2. With Pocket Shield, how can I get it to lock when I hold the END key? Currently I have END key set in System > Button to lock device, but I can't unset that (only change it to the other options there and I don't want those...). Can't find that option within Pocket Shield either, of course.

3. I really want to see the battery usage in 1% increments, and just realized this requires a different driver (found it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527006). Is this a fine and dandy thing to install or are there risks/bad user experiences?

4. I have no intention of trying any custom ROM in the near term, I am very happy with the device overall and am a heavy business user (came off of a Treo 650 that had absolutely zero apps/games/anything besides company client software installed, for 5 years!! lol), so what is my best bet for backing up? Not contacts/tasks/calendar, got that going with Outlook, but ideally if I had to hard reset, I would want to restore everything as is with regard to registry/personal settings/etc.-- that would take forever to redo by hand again!

Really appreciate any help!! Thanks

Last edited by boldaslove; 01-24-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: 3 comes after 2! Hey, posted at 4am on saturday, gimme a break ;)
Old 01-24-2010, 05:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Few noob questions...

1. You could use an app that has an uninstaller like memmaid or sktools that will "see" those factory shipped apps as installed so you can remove them. Or just delete folders and files using file explorer that belong to those apps and remove remnants in the registry.

2. Maybe look for an app called AEbutton. I think you can map functions like this to the end key.

lol 3. A lot of people do this and have success so I suggest read a lot before you attempt.

4. Look for Sashimi or Sprite Backup.

Enjoy your Device!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)
Threadstarter

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks a bunch horndoctor

1. I tried SKTools and it certainly does the trick, thanks!
2. Actually right after posting I found Rhodium KB Control app from xda developers
3. Gonna search more on it in the coming days before trying, indeed...
4. Did a backup with SKTools, will be checking into Sashimi this week, read many good things of it...

Few more questions!

5. With TF3D, when I am in the Phone dialer and end a call, it goes back to the phone screen for about a second or two and then always back to the Home screen (doesn't do this with any other stuff, I did that disable lock regedit so that all other apps stay even after coming back from standby, etc.). How can I stop this?

6. In the TF3D Contacts, it shows all names but no numbers below/beside them in a small font, as it does in the standards WM Contacts. Any way to get that going? I'm guessing registry somewhere...

7. I ran SKTools and did a few cleanup/optimize things, and now when I re-added my computer in Bluetooth as a new device, it only gives me BT Networking and Activesync as the services, whereas before it had File Transfer, OBEX Push and Serial Port as well-- how do I get those back as services on the device?

Thanks a lot again for any help!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

5. I honestly don't think you can change this. See, when you get a phone call if you are using an app the app will be minimized and still stay active in task manager. So when you end the call and it goes back to home, open task manager and select the app you were using and it will open back up.
6. Not sure if this is possible but I would check out the Touchflo3d or Manila 3d customizing threads to see if this has been done.
7. Well...you may have to reinstall those files and I'm not sure which files you need. Maybe someone with your device can copy the appropriate files . Wow, you may have to hard reset to fix this.
That's the thing with SKTools. It is a great app but you have to be careful and not delete something too quickly . You can mess up things quickly if you aren't careful.
I hope you can figure it out. Maybe another TP2 user here can help.
Good Luck !!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2