PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superman651 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few ideas, maybe?

I love flashing roms but I was wondering if anyone has thought of this. Mix 2.1 with 2.5. I like parts of both of them. I enjoy 2.5 with the quicklinks on the home tab. I like the contacts better on 2.5. But I like the older text messaging format in WM because it seems to be faster then the newer versions. I am also a Energyrom fan. He has done a great job with looks. Very stylish looking. I also like how he included a soft reset feature in the start menu. Just thought I would mention that to anyone who is interested. Please feel free to reply any other thoughts.

One more thing, I have a disabled T-mobile TP2, anybody know if you could gut out the T-mobile TP2's FM reciever and swap it in the Sprint TP2?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: A few ideas, maybe?

Moved to the Touch Pro2 forum.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman651 View Post
I love flashing roms but I was wondering if anyone has thought of this. Mix 2.1 with 2.5. I like parts of both of them. I enjoy 2.5 with the quicklinks on the home tab. I like the contacts better on 2.5. But I like the older text messaging format in WM because it seems to be faster then the newer versions. I am also a Energyrom fan. He has done a great job with looks. Very stylish looking. I also like how he included a soft reset feature in the start menu. Just thought I would mention that to anyone who is interested. Please feel free to reply any other thoughts.

One more thing, I have a disabled T-mobile TP2, anybody know if you could gut out the T-mobile TP2's FM reciever and swap it in the Sprint TP2?
i think that some chefs do mix and port some 2.1 and 2.5 options.although not to a great extent.i would really like to b able to do that as well.but im not a chef. i too am also a big Energyrom fan but ever since i switched from my Touch Pro to a Touch Pro 2 i can no longer use any rom made by NRG.I always flashed to the most current Touch Pro energyrom version on my TP1 with never any problems with the TP1s data/internet/network settings.but i got a TP2 for christmas from a girl im seeing and first thing i did was flash energyrom on my TP2 and it was a huge disappointment. The TP2 wont store/save my data/internet/wap settings.I think its bcuz im on the Cricket Mobile Network and i think that something he did to his rom prevents the saving or storing of new network connections?or something.no one has ever been able to give me a straight answer as to why my network connections dont hold after configuring. Ive also talked to several other people who are having the same problems trying to use energyrom on the Touch Pro 2.i was told it was so no one could strip his roms. i dont want to strip his rom,nor do i even know how.Ive been working on building my own rom for weeks now and still cant make a rom stable enuf,fast enuf,or i with the graphical mods i want or the custom icons i want to use. i am new to rom building,as if that wasnt obvious.so any tips or info about which kitchens are the easiest or the best to use and places to get custom icons or even general tips would be appreciated.thanks for reading this and any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.Thanks L.B.Cary
Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

The only thing I really want from 2.5 is the shortcuts on the home screen. And maybe Twitter.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

someone at xda is working on getting home shortcuts on 2.1. the email and calender have been ported already

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2