PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   speakerphone face-up? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107588)

mathiass 01-22-2010 06:23 PM

speakerphone face-up?

We all know how the speakerphone kicks in when the phone is placed face-down... but is there a way to make it work face-up too? The speaker sounds just fine and even the 2nd mic works (sounds a bit muffled tho). One tweak could be to switch mics depending on how the phone is placed:

face-down: the usual functionality
face-up: same speakerphone, but use the main mic on the bottom of the screen part of the slider, rather than the mic on the bottom of the phone

I have no idea how to go about getting this done, but if enough people like it maybe a chef or someone smarter than I can get it done...

hathetran 01-22-2010 06:28 PM

Re: speakerphone face-up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathiass (Post 1509781)
We all know how the speakerphone kicks in when the phone is placed face-down... but is there a way to make it work face-up too? The speaker sounds just fine and even the 2nd mic works (sounds a bit muffled tho). One tweak could be to switch mics depending on how the phone is placed:

face-up: same speakerphone, but use the main mic on the bottom of the screen part of the slider, rather than the mic on the bottom of the phone

I have no idea how to go about getting this done, but if enough people like it maybe a chef or someone smarter than I can get it done...

on the phone..press speaker on the call status screen

x10guy 01-22-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathiass (Post 1509781)

Not sure if this is a trick question... but can't you just press the "Speakerphone" on screen button in the phone screen. It's always been that way. That is they way I use the speakerphone. I almost never turn it upside down.

awenthol 01-22-2010 06:35 PM

I'm with the previous posters...it only automatically goes to speaker when you flip but all you have to do to get speaker face up is press "Speakerphone" in the phone's main screen.

mathiass 01-22-2010 07:25 PM

this is fail on my part. I thought I had this grand idea OMG speakerphone face up! I must have been in idiot mode. Oh well. Lemme try to salvage this...

Maybe just have it automatically switch to speaker when you put it down then?

or im just a dumbass

lol thanks for being nice