PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Storage Memory...

I have been getting some wierd storage memory errors and not sure why, but clearly it is affecting performance, as texts loading drags, etc... other than internet cache, what else is in storage memory vs program memory? I have plenty of program memory available, but only 5mb left of storage memory... could anyone please tell me the easiest way to free some of that up to increase performance? Not that it should necessarily matter but I'm on Juicy R3... can I do this manually or do I need a program to accomplish this?

I did some searching for some of the tools but am hoping somebody could just give me a few suggestions where to start in terms of folders where I could start (ie temp, cache, etc)...

I use IE ocassionally, mostly opera mini to browse...

Thx
Old 01-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Storage Memory...

Here ya go:

http://www.throttlelauncher.com/port...age/tstorage01

Description from site:
Have you ever though.... where is my storage space going to!!.... This is a new app I've developed!! Smile. It shows you graphically how your storage space is beeing used displaying a circular chart so you can eassily locate which folders are taking more storage. You can navigate through all of your folders and analize each one in detail or exclude them from the report. Eassy and simple!!

Another option:

MobileMonger is a tool to show storage space use on your Windows Mobile in a TreeMap.

Main Memory fills up pretty fast on the Diamond if your not careful to install absolutely everything to the storage card, and also set your default save location to the storage card.

When running out of Main Memory I wondered what was using it. If you hit the link provided in the Windows Mobile memory settings screen it takes you to an explorer window that shows you all files greater than 64kb
Attached Files
File Type: cab throttlestorage_1.0.cab (62.4 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab MobileMonger1.1.CAB (241.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 01-22-2010 at 03:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

throttle storage is the bomb!! just remember to exclude it from reading your microsd card. if your rockin an 8 or 16gb card it can take well over 5 min to display th results and graph.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Thanks guys... giving it a try now! Really appreciate the help... this should solve my problem by the sound of it... I've tried cleanram but not really getting much out of that...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Thanks guys... giving it a try now! Really appreciate the help... this should solve my problem by the sound of it... I've tried cleanram but not really getting much out of that...
This will tell you what it is thats taking up your space.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

where are your messaging caches defaulted to? under messaging >tools> options> see if you can check the box for storing emails/texts on your card. It's pretty easy to overlook. And yes throttle storage is a must have app!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Another option (Mobile Monger) added to post #1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2