PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto q
Carrier: sprint

Kenaf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Is Windows Mobile on TP2 more stable than WM6.1 on MotoQ9C?

Hey guys,

So I currently have a Moto Q9C, and it drives me nuts. I've had to do a master reset on it several times because after awhile, the phone will just crash/reboot several times a day for no apparent reason. I would say I use it for fairly normal usage.. text messaging, email, internet.. I haven't installed any new apps in a long time and the last few days its just been booting like crazy.

Anyway, this is my corporate phone, and I was due for an upgrade. I didn't want a Palm Pre because I didn't like the lack of customizability. So, I went with the HTC Touch Pro 2 (Android phones aren't an option because they don't support Exchange remote wipe functionality). I'm leery about staying on a Windows phone though, considering how often my current MotoQ9C crashes/reboots. Is the version for the TP2 more stable? Do I need to worry about it crashing or rebooting frequently? Am I going to have to manually reboot it frequently? Another thing with the Moto Q9C is it will freeze and my only solution is to pull the battery. Will I face anything like that?

I'm actually pretty excited for my TP2 to arrive.. hoping to be able to tweak it and customize it quite a bit, and potentially run Android on it from the looks of things. For what it is worth, I have this phone through Sprint, so apparently WM6.5 isn't an option yet.

Thanks for the help/comments!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

jasoraso is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Windows Mobile on TP2 more stable than WM6.1 on MotoQ9C?

I used to use a Motorola Q9m a long time ago (installed the Q9c 6.1 updated to it). I have found the Touch Pro 2 (w/ 6.5 update) to be at least as reliable as the Q.

It will take a bit to get used to using your fingers on the screen instead of the d-pad like the Q, but it works well once you get used to it. I hardly EVER use the stylus.

If you start running custom roms, you might NOT have the stability you are looking for ... but then if you run custom roms, you should already know that.

Last edited by jasoraso; 01-22-2010 at 01:43 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2