PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Could someone explain some of the battery useage report to me?

Hello all

Being completely new to these types of devices for a phone, I now for the first time am able to monitor the battery usage better with the report it gives and for the most part I guess I understand most of it but I was just wonder about a few things.

So yesterday the unit was completely charged from the previous night and I didn't plug it in once to anything it could charge from through out the day an then even though the battery was low, I left it on last night to see what I would get.

So this morning when I got up it was off and even when I powered it up it immediately told me the battery was low and before I could even get it plugged in, it shut itself down.

Once I got it plugged in I turned it back on and quickly checked the report and this is what I got:

Standby: 8 hrs 59 min
Talk: 1hr 13 min
Device Usage: 2 hrs 29 min

So as far as what all these mean, I would assume the Stand By time is all the time is was completely off in sleep mode correct?

Currently I have it set to go into Backlight off and Standby when un-powered in five minutes, with both happening at the same time.

But just to ask, if I were to have that Backlight go off say in 3 then the Standby in 5, would that Standby time recording be started at the five?

So the second one is Talk which I think is simple enough but one question I did have for this is, is this anytime the phone or even the ringer is on or is it only when I talking?

In other words if I let it ring for eight rings every time I get a call but I never pick up and let those all go to voice mail, or lets I let it ring 4 times and click to have it go to voice mail, or even cancel the call, does that add to that time or is only started once I have made an actually complete connection?

So the last one is the Device Usage which I am a little more confused about but I would assume this the time either it is not in Standby or Talk, is that correct?

So the last question I had would be, am to understand that all these times are to be considered separate and then thus accumulative for a total time?

In other words, the Talk time is not included with say the Device Usage time correct? And even though I have the WiFi on all the time and get notifications of e-mails during that time with the notification light continuing to blink and I think even Weather and QuickGPS updates, that is not being added as Device Usage time as well Standby time is it?

I guess what I’m really getting at is that I’m wondering if I can say that to determine all the time my device had enough power from this complete last charge, do I add up all those times together?

So would it be fair to say that for this last charge, my device got 12hrs and 41 mins before it died?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Could someone explain some of the battery useage report to me?

im not sure about any of the terms, but if it did only get 12 hrs, i think thats pretty poor. i usually get 24 to 36 hrs use out of it. say from mon morn to tues afternoon. ive never checked my usage stats tho, and i do plug in to flash or add a cab to my sd card a few times a day, i guess that could be the big difference.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Could someone explain some of the battery useage report to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im not sure about any of the terms, but if it did only get 12 hrs, i think thats pretty poor. i usually get 24 to 36 hrs use out of it. say from mon morn to tues afternoon. ive never checked my usage stats tho, and i do plug in to flash or add a cab to my sd card a few times a day, i guess that could be the big difference.
Yeah I was thinking when I sat down to write this about asking about that but one, I didn't really title the thread question with that, but two and I don't mean to say this from a nasty stand point but I have come to find that no one on this boad seems interested in reading or answering any question that is more then two sentences long so despite how long that was, I was trying to keep it as short and to the point as possible so I left that part out.

I guess in third too I was figuring if was lucky enough to could get some of those questions answered I could work on that more on my own.

But also to make a point about those times, as I mentioned I have hacked the WiFi to be on full time and in my office I have WiFi so through out the whole day even in StandBy the thing is checking and sometimes getting emails every fifteen minutes, that I am constantly waking up the phone to delete and then letting it go back to Standby and as well since it its like that I’m sure its connecting for other stuff.

Also I have installed a notification add-on that will continue to make sound notifications ever five minutes for those e-mails and that does that in Standby as well.

Then I also went out of the office for the last half of the day and since I have the data locked off and the WiFi on full time, I’m assuming even in StandBy it is constantly picking up various WiFi spots and either trying or actually locking into and out of them all day.

With all this I wouldn’t expect that I would have the same time on the stock battery but that is also why I was asking all this as I’m figuring I will have to get a larger mAh one but I figured, if it will at least make it though the day, that with monitoring this report and understanding it better, I might have a better idea of exactly what my mAh needs are going to be.

But thanks for that feed back though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2