PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
speakerphone face-up?

We all know how the speakerphone kicks in when the phone is placed face-down... but is there a way to make it work face-up too? The speaker sounds just fine and even the 2nd mic works (sounds a bit muffled tho). One tweak could be to switch mics depending on how the phone is placed:

face-down: the usual functionality
face-up: same speakerphone, but use the main mic on the bottom of the screen part of the slider, rather than the mic on the bottom of the phone

I have no idea how to go about getting this done, but if enough people like it maybe a chef or someone smarter than I can get it done...

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 01-22-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hathetran is becoming a great contributor
Re: speakerphone face-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiass View Post
We all know how the speakerphone kicks in when the phone is placed face-down... but is there a way to make it work face-up too? The speaker sounds just fine and even the 2nd mic works (sounds a bit muffled tho). One tweak could be to switch mics depending on how the phone is placed:

face-up: same speakerphone, but use the main mic on the bottom of the screen part of the slider, rather than the mic on the bottom of the phone

I have no idea how to go about getting this done, but if enough people like it maybe a chef or someone smarter than I can get it done...

on the phone..press speaker on the call status screen
Old 01-22-2010, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiass View Post

Not sure if this is a trick question... but can't you just press the "Speakerphone" on screen button in the phone screen. It's always been that way. That is they way I use the speakerphone. I almost never turn it upside down.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm with the previous posters...it only automatically goes to speaker when you flip but all you have to do to get speaker face up is press "Speakerphone" in the phone's main screen.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass

this is fail on my part. I thought I had this grand idea OMG speakerphone face up! I must have been in idiot mode. Oh well. Lemme try to salvage this...

Maybe just have it automatically switch to speaker when you put it down then?

or im just a dumbass

lol thanks for being nice

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2