PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Wierd beeping service problem... Sprint. Need a genius! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107462)

gtmethod3 01-21-2010 11:11 PM

Wierd beeping service problem... Sprint. Need a genius!

Hey guys,

I'm having this really wierd problem with my Sprint TP2. Whenever I make a call from my house, I get this two tone beep going into the call. I will then proceed to have horrible service (cutting in and out like a madman) until 5 seconds later I hear the two beeps again (in reverse order) and then my service is normal.

I already have bad service at my place, but I can still make phone calls with it. This only happens at my home. It happens to many of the calls but not all of them. Outgoing or incoming are both affected.

I called Sprint, went through waves of tech service. Got sent to the ticket team (high tech service?) and now they are just sending me a new phone.

I think that I also had this problem with my touch pro if my memory serves me right; I don't believe a new unit will fix it.

My theory is that initially my phone is connecting to a device like an AIRAVE or some other signal booster. But, I don't have any of that enabled on my account, so I'm not sure.

If anyone has a remote idea on what could be going on, your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

dpmeador 01-21-2010 11:26 PM

Re: Wierd beeping service problem... Sprint. Need a genius!

File this one under 'crazy option' but someone couldn't have gotten a hold of your phone and placed spyware on it?

tr0s 01-21-2010 11:34 PM

try this... and this is entirely a hunch.... go into settings and under "phone" there's that option to "notify when voice privacy is unavailable". i have no idea what it actually does but i figure it's worth a shot.

billyapd21 01-21-2010 11:51 PM

Do you have a airave?

tr0s 01-22-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyapd21 (Post 1508073)
Do you have a airave?

the op already said he didn't have one...... however is it possible that a neighbor near you has one?

kindya 01-22-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtmethod3 (Post 1507986)
Hey guys,

I'm having this really wierd problem with my Sprint TP2. Whenever I make a call from my house, I get this two tone beep going into the call. I will then proceed to have horrible service (cutting in and out like a madman) until 5 seconds later I hear the two beeps again (in reverse order) and then my service is normal.

I already have bad service at my place, but I can still make phone calls with it. This only happens at my home. It happens to many of the calls but not all of them. Outgoing or incoming are both affected.

I called Sprint, went through waves of tech service. Got sent to the ticket team (high tech service?) and now they are just sending me a new phone.

I think that I also had this problem with my touch pro if my memory serves me right; I don't believe a new unit will fix it.

My theory is that initially my phone is connecting to a device like an AIRAVE or some other signal booster. But, I don't have any of that enabled on my account, so I'm not sure.

If anyone has a remote idea on what could be going on, your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

my phone was doin this earlier and i uninstalled audiopara3.csv dont know if this is ur problem but it fixed mine so far...

InvincibleLiving 01-22-2010 12:05 AM

Sorry never heard of this issue before... im curious now though

gtmethod3 01-22-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr0s (Post 1508096)
the op already said he didn't have one...... however is it possible that a neighbor near you has one?

That's what I thought at first, but Sprint is telling me that it is not possible for my line to connect to theirs since it is not under my plan. This is still my only guess. Things just don't add up.

I'm pretty certain it is not software related. I flashed back to stock and same thing. Also, this happened with my TP one here.

I'll try the voice privacy thing. It hasn't been doing it lately, but it will most likely return. I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks for the help so far.

gtmethod3 01-22-2010 05:41 PM

The symptoms have disappeared for the past 24 hours. I decided to check my PRL and it looks like it has been updated from 60658 to 60659 though I do not recall doing it myself. Sprint must have done it.

This update may have fixed my issue. We shall see.

Sprint is still sending me a new phone... Yay I hope!

chris1683 01-22-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyapd21 (Post 1508073)
Do you have a airave?

I have the AirRave and can say it makes a quick two toned beep when placing a call. It carries all of the way up the street too so its very possible a nearby neighbor may have one.