PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Butokan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking through the car stereo

I was listening to music from my phone in my car through a cassette adapter. I got a call from my daughter. I answered and she said "hello". I responded with a "hello" thinking she wouldn't hear me. To my suprise she did. I didn't know that if you had something plugged into the headphone jack that didn't have a mic, the phone would use the buolt-in mic. I wonder if this would be the case with headphones without mics. I can't test this out, because I don't have a pair of headphones without a mic.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Talking through the car stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butokan View Post
I was listening to music from my phone in my car through a cassette adapter. I got a call from my daughter. I answered and she said "hello". I responded with a "hello" thinking she wouldn't hear me. To my suprise she did. I didn't know that if you had something plugged into the headphone jack that didn't have a mic, the phone would use the buolt-in mic. I wonder if this would be the case with headphones without mics. I can't test this out, because I don't have a pair of headphones without a mic.
all headphones that plug into my tp2 whether they have a mic or not, the caller can still hear me. basically all headphones will work and the caller will be able to hear you.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 7pro
Carrier: sprint

gemini5150 is a n00b

yeah i think it uses the mic on the phone itself to hear you. a very cool feature.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

AlexAuran is just getting started

You can actually use the headphone jack to create a simple wired car kit. I use a 1/2" to RCA adapter plugged into my after-market head unit. The caller can hear me fine, and the caller is heard through the stereo.

The interesting thing is that with the TP1, the mic would pick up the sound from the speakers so the caller would be able to hear themselves creating an echo effect, but HTC has done something to correct this feedback with the TP2. I encourage everyone to try this or something similar, I've had nothing but good experiences.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I've done that many times. The mic on the phone works great.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 it is a very cool feature indeed. I found out about it when I used my TP2 in my house once, I have ceiling speakers in every room with the built in radio unit just off my bedroom in the kitchen. Sort of stumbled upon it by accident: Imagine your dad calling you @ 1am when you are having a party and the music is playing and you answer the phone forgetting how drunk you are: "HELLO SON" (just as loud as ever) Me, not realizing what is going on answered back: "Hello......God?" Talk about a party clearing out quickly!!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's a Festivus Miracle
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor

I like using my Motorola T505 with phone calls and music. I will be playing one of my MP3's through the stereo via Bluetooth and then I will get a phone call. The unit will tell me what number is calling me and then it turns down the music to receive the call. I like it.
My Favorite Toy:
Stag Model 1 AR15 =====
Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
One of the best features of the Touch Pro2 imo
I get no questions of what's that noise like past phones,It's got to be that noise canceling speaker and the extra one working in beautiful synchronicity to bring me joy. Quietly Brilliant indeed HTC kudos
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This works with the video out also IIRC (I have to try it to be sure though)

I have a Pro-Clip in my truck that automatically connects my TP2 to my 7" DBL DIN DVD/NAV screen (works awesome for SlingBox & DVD movies on long trips).

I haven't gotten a call in the truck lately, but I seem to remember I didn't bother with the BT adapter because it wasn't really necessary with this setup.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2