PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Talking through the car stereo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107430)

Butokan 01-21-2010 07:51 PM

Talking through the car stereo

I was listening to music from my phone in my car through a cassette adapter. I got a call from my daughter. I answered and she said "hello". I responded with a "hello" thinking she wouldn't hear me. To my suprise she did. I didn't know that if you had something plugged into the headphone jack that didn't have a mic, the phone would use the buolt-in mic. I wonder if this would be the case with headphones without mics. I can't test this out, because I don't have a pair of headphones without a mic.

p-slim 01-21-2010 07:53 PM

Re: Talking through the car stereo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butokan (Post 1507504)
I was listening to music from my phone in my car through a cassette adapter. I got a call from my daughter. I answered and she said "hello". I responded with a "hello" thinking she wouldn't hear me. To my suprise she did. I didn't know that if you had something plugged into the headphone jack that didn't have a mic, the phone would use the buolt-in mic. I wonder if this would be the case with headphones without mics. I can't test this out, because I don't have a pair of headphones without a mic.

all headphones that plug into my tp2 whether they have a mic or not, the caller can still hear me. basically all headphones will work and the caller will be able to hear you.

gemini5150 01-22-2010 12:15 AM

yeah i think it uses the mic on the phone itself to hear you. a very cool feature.

AlexAuran 01-22-2010 12:39 AM

You can actually use the headphone jack to create a simple wired car kit. I use a 1/2" to RCA adapter plugged into my after-market head unit. The caller can hear me fine, and the caller is heard through the stereo.

The interesting thing is that with the TP1, the mic would pick up the sound from the speakers so the caller would be able to hear themselves creating an echo effect, but HTC has done something to correct this feedback with the TP2. I encourage everyone to try this or something similar, I've had nothing but good experiences.

quazimodem 01-22-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

I've done that many times. :) The mic on the phone works great.

aj48198 01-22-2010 01:30 AM

+1 it is a very cool feature indeed. I found out about it when I used my TP2 in my house once, I have ceiling speakers in every room with the built in radio unit just off my bedroom in the kitchen. Sort of stumbled upon it by accident: Imagine your dad calling you @ 1am when you are having a party and the music is playing and you answer the phone forgetting how drunk you are: "HELLO SON" (just as loud as ever) Me, not realizing what is going on answered back: "Hello......God?" Talk about a party clearing out quickly!!

TheBundo 01-22-2010 01:39 AM

It's a Festivus Miracle

KaliKilla 01-22-2010 04:00 AM

I like using my Motorola T505 with phone calls and music. I will be playing one of my MP3's through the stereo via Bluetooth and then I will get a phone call. The unit will tell me what number is calling me and then it turns down the music to receive the call. I like it.

Deimoss 01-22-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

One of the best features of the Touch Pro2 imo
I get no questions of what's that noise like past phones,It's got to be that noise canceling speaker and the extra one working in beautiful synchronicity to bring me joy. Quietly Brilliant indeed HTC kudos

jmorton10 01-22-2010 08:08 AM

This works with the video out also IIRC (I have to try it to be sure though)

I have a Pro-Clip in my truck that automatically connects my TP2 to my 7" DBL DIN DVD/NAV screen (works awesome for SlingBox & DVD movies on long trips).

I haven't gotten a call in the truck lately, but I seem to remember I didn't bother with the BT adapter because it wasn't really necessary with this setup.

~John