PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
advice on TP@

Hey everyone, i currently have a touch diamond and was thinking on switching to the TP2 since i love all the custom roms ive been playing with, and want to stay with the WM6.5 HTC devices...

questions
im on verizon, so correct me if im wrong, but i would need to buy either a verizon or sprint model right? (are there any other carrier models i could use)

on the diamond, the verizon model was gimped compared to the alltel version i have, is that the same for the TP2, or are they all the same hardware wise?

are there any issues with the GPS? with a custom ROM, should it work with google maps fine? ( i did see a note about GPS lag, but i could deal with that as long as it reliably locked in a short amount of time)

any other issues/comments i should know about?
thanx for all the help
-Danny
Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: advice on TP@

AFAIK Verizon didn't gimp the TP2, but Im on Sprint so I didn't pay super close attention.

And yeah, you would need the Verizon model

GPS, again I cant speak for, I use Sprint Navi
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I'd read and search as all of this could be answered by doing both of those. GPS is not locked, none of the phones are gimped, and you'd be very unlikely to get a Sprint model activated and working on VZW. There is the cliff notes version. If you would look at any info on the phone and its specs, you would have found the answer to at least 2 of your questions, possibly all three.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I've not seen evdence of a sucessfull transfer of a Sprint MEID to Verison on a TP2... only buy the Verizon model.

Otherwise, go for it, On CDMA I came from the Vogue to Diamond (a month with the TP1, but that sucked) and now the TP2, I love it, best WM device out of the 5 I've had.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)
Threadstarter

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I'd read and search as all of this could be answered by doing both of those. GPS is not locked, none of the phones are gimped, and you'd be very unlikely to get a Sprint model activated and working on VZW. There is the cliff notes version. If you would look at any info on the phone and its specs, you would have found the answer to at least 2 of your questions, possibly all three.
not entirely true, the specs on the diamond say it has gps, but you could only use it with their nav software, not google maps, the verizon model didnt even come with the quick gps program....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2