PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ram Sweep or HTCAddicts CleanRam

I've used both over time and have found that I prefer HTCAddicts CleanRAM as it seems to perform better in providing memory recovery. I would suggest that you try both and see what conclusions you come to.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Haven't been able to get either to work on MightyROM IMPACT...both lock up. .
That's why a soft rest is really the best option.

CleanRam on level two takes almost as much time as a soft rest anyway.

~John
Old 01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you just don't like answering peoples questions, you like to make smart remarks.

The official PPC troll speaks again.

~John
Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The official PPC troll speaks again.

~John
maybe you should read my 1st post in this thread, 2 thanks, does that equal troll, or the repsonse that completely avoided the op's question
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

LOL & my rep is over double what yours is because all I do is make smart @ss comments??

WTF is your problem anyway??
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
maybe you should read my 1st post in this thread, 2 thanks, does that equal troll, or the repsonse that completely avoided the op's question
Agreed.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

come on guys lets not turn another post into a pissing match, take it to PM.

anyways i have tried both and i prefer cleanram personally
Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

I know the simplest and quickest answer is to soft reset, however since sense 2.5 has twitter tab, as well as other ram intensive apps (My HTC Peep settings download 180 tweets every 15 minutes/plus I run MM 2.81) I often have to wait for an entire minute or two after a Soft Reset for everything to load on my TP2 properly. Otherwise the device will lock up if I begin using it as normal immediately following a soft reset which would only cause me to soft or hard reset again, depending on how locked up the phone gets.

To avoid the soft reset and the possible 1 or 2 minute wait for everything I’m running to update and load, I just simply go to
Settings>Today>Items>windows Default>OK
and I run Clean Ram on level 3 then I go right back to
Settings>Today>Items>HTC Sense>OK
At that point I have recovered a decent amount of ram.
(Today for example it went from 82% back to 66%)

This might seem strange but I avoid locking up sense 2.5, having to soft reset, and waiting for all of sense 2.5 apps along with any other thing you’re running to load.

This is simply what works for me until Clean RAM works on 2.5 without locking up.

Note: I’m running Juicy R8
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

drew2000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardrew2000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardrew2000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardrew2000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardrew2000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Ram Sweep or HTCAddicts CleanRam

Wow this is faster then a reset? Thanks for the info I will try your method I am sure there will be times that it is the better option but ususally I just reset and switch tasks until PPC is ready to go......................still hate it!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
I know the simplest and quickest answer is to soft reset, however since sense 2.5 has twitter tab, as well as other ram intensive apps (My HTC Peep settings download 180 tweets every 15 minutes/plus I run MM 2.81) I often have to wait for an entire minute or two after a Soft Reset for everything to load on my TP2 properly.

That makes total sense & if my 2.5 ROM (NRG 21885 Dusk)took that long to load I would use CleanRam also. I do use the Tweeter Tab (I would be lost without it now that I'm used to it) but I don't load anywhere near as many tweets as you do so mine loads fairly quickly.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2