PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   where does it all go???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107402)

AlphaMale 01-21-2010 04:39 PM

where does it all go????

can the mods or someone make a sticky for how do do all this?? like a "new to WM? heres what to do" sticky.

i am reading about all of these mods that im interested in but dont know wat to do with them. like the personalizer, MMS sent notifcation..... i am guessing you save them to ur phone but where? what folder? then how do you install? i have a TP2 from USCC, and this is my first WM phone so i am not familliar with how it works and what does what. there are a lot of thing i want in the stickies but dont what to do with them. thanx in advance for any help and info. :headbang:

nate.spangler 01-21-2010 05:03 PM

Re: where does it all go????

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaMale (Post 1507059)
can the mods or someone make a sticky for how do do all this?? like a "new to WM? heres what to do" sticky.

i am reading about all of these mods that im interested in but dont know wat to do with them. like the personalizer, MMS sent notifcation..... i am guessing you save them to ur phone but where? what folder? then how do you install? i have a TP2 from USCC, and this is my first WM phone so i am not familliar with how it works and what does what. there are a lot of thing i want in the stickies but dont what to do with them. thanx in advance for any help and info. :headbang:

most of the mods are cabs. cabs are like exe's on your computer. just put them on your storage card, open up file explorer on your phone and tap to open them.

you will have touchflow3d version 2.1 as your interface, also known as manila. you will also see mods for sense 2.1 and sense 2.5. most of the mods for sense will not work on your version

aj48198 01-21-2010 05:32 PM

Check the FAQ thread that is stickied on the first page. That thread alone should get you on your way to using all the apps that are on the site. Also, the best thing to do is to create a folder on your storage card called "Cab Files" that way, you can easily find all the cabs that you put on your phone. Almost everything that you add, be it to either the phone, or your storage card (after you open the cab in the phone, it will prompt you asking where would you like it installed) will be under your program files in either your device, or your storage card. AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU INSTALL YOURSELF CAN BE REMOVED!! (unless you flash a rom!!)

AlphaMale 01-22-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate.spangler (Post 1507105)

you will have touchflow3d version 2.1 as your interface, also known as manila. you will also see mods for sense 2.1 and sense 2.5. most of the mods for sense will not work on your version

thanx for ALL the info nate!!! this is another thing i was thinking about is which is on this phone. ive been reading alot that certain ROM's and such dont work with certain interfaces so..... thanx again bro! =D>