PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprite Backup Failures (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107377)

tkjames 01-21-2010 02:46 PM

Sprite Backup Failures

I downloaded a cab for Sprite Backup in the TP2 tweaks thread. It seems to have installed fine, but whenever I've tried to do a backup I get a failure message. The phone restarts itself just as Sprite advises it will do as part of the process, but after it comes back on the backup has always failed, with no details as to why. I have it set to backup to my storage card to a specific folder I made to hold the info. My card is 4g with maybe a little under 2g free.

Beandogg 01-21-2010 04:41 PM

Re: Sprite Backup Failures

I had this problem with sprite backup 6.5. With a version number like that, you'd expect it to work with windows 6.5, but I was having problems. Then they upgraded to 6.5.5, which works. I think you just need a newer version.

jmorton10 01-21-2010 05:16 PM

Same problem here, I made a post about this a while back.

I finally gave up on Sprite (I don't trust it anymore) as I also have SPB Backup & that works perfectly for me.

~John

BlackDynamite 01-21-2010 05:38 PM

My problem with Sprite has not been backing up, but retoring. I can backup just fine, but when I retore it I am always missing a unch of stuff (or even missing everything).

I gave up on it and switched to SPB Backup. It works every time (so far).

malibu_23 01-21-2010 06:03 PM

make sure ur restore setting are set to DEVICE and not ROM or SAFE. and leave restore data bases unchecked if your restoring older ROM to a newer ROM.

TheBundo 01-21-2010 06:09 PM

I have found SPB Backup to be a more reliable product than Sprite, for many years now. When Sprite works, it fine, but SPB is more consistent

Catman51 01-21-2010 07:40 PM

New to this forum, I am awaiting a TP 2 Sprint, upgrading from the Apache. Yay.
I used Sprite for years on every PPC I've had, until recently.
It just stopped being a reliable program. Have switched to SPB and it's much more reliable.

tkjames 01-22-2010 08:56 AM

I guess I will just uninstall it unless someone has an updated version they would be willing to post.
Thanks for the feedback.

jmorton10 01-22-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catman51 (Post 1507470)
I used Sprite for years on every PPC I've had, until recently.
It just stopped being a reliable program. Have switched to SPB and it's much more reliable.

I agree.

I used to swear by Sprite & posted that many times on this forum.

It was only in the last few months I started having problems with it.

It is odd because SPB BU & Sprite really do basically the same thing, but so far at least SPB has worked perfectly in my TP2 & Sprite has drastically failed.

A BU program I can depend on 100% is absolutely vital to me as I mess with (& screw up) my system constantly & being able to restore it to its previous state with a couple clicks is invaluable.......

I'm really kind of suprised at how this went down for me. Since I had both programs, I was backing up with both each time just to be safe. All of a sudden, Sprite began to fail every single time & SPB went right along working perfectly.

I really had made no significant changes in my system so I am really kind of baffled by this.

~John

HBOOT 01-22-2010 10:00 AM

Dont forget Resco. I use all 3 without any beef, i prefer Resco