PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can't Get All Audio thru Bluetooth Headset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107372)

tkjames 01-21-2010 02:41 PM

Can't Get All Audio thru Bluetooth Headset

I did a search and found that there seem to be a number of BT issues with the TP2. I don't know if this is one but it's a problem for me.

My issue is that I can't get it to play all audio through the BT headset. On my TP1 I used the "BT Audio" cab and worked fine. I tried the same cab on the TP2 but got nothing. I found another cab in a thread - TP2 Tweaks thread, I think - and tried that one but to no avail. I want to have the option of having all audio, not just phone calls, come thru my BT; I use it for navigation to hear the directions more clearly, and for audio and video. I don't like having a headset plugged in because the wires get in the way.

Is there a way to fix this, or is this one of the common BT/TP2 issues?

CellGuy 01-21-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Can't Get All Audio thru Bluetooth Headset

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkjames (Post 1506779)
I did a search and found that there seem to be a number of BT issues with the TP2. I don't know if this is one but it's a problem for me.

My issue is that I can't get it to play all audio through the BT headset. On my TP1 I used the "BT Audio" cab and worked fine. I tried the same cab on the TP2 but got nothing. I found another cab in a thread - TP2 Tweaks thread, I think - and tried that one but to no avail. I want to have the option of having all audio, not just phone calls, come thru my BT; I use it for navigation to hear the directions more clearly, and for audio and video. I don't like having a headset plugged in because the wires get in the way.

Is there a way to fix this, or is this one of the common BT/TP2 issues?

I use BT audio everyday. I'll upload the cab I use for you.
Attachment 56487

CellGuy 01-21-2010 02:58 PM

Also, are you minimizing BT Audio and letting it run in the background or closing it? It must be left running to work.

tkjames 01-22-2010 08:47 AM

This is the cab I originally had, although I will try this one too. and yes, I keep it minimized.

AZTECHKA 01-22-2010 01:01 PM

Make sure bluetooth is set to ON...
Go to Start> Settings> All Settings> Connections tab> bluetooth> Gears tab(top left) >Expand the Advanced icon by clicking on the + sighn... Scroll down to audio and click on it... Check the box that's labled Play system sounds on remote hands free device...
This will port ALL your sounds to whatever bluetooth headset/earpiece you have connected.
(basically the same BTaudio did for our TPs)
I hope this helps.
p.

CellGuy 01-22-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1509063)
Go to Start> Settings> All Settings> Connections tab> bluetooth> Gears tab(top left) >Expand the Advanced icon by clicking on the + sighn... Scroll down to audio and click on it... Check the box that's labled Play system sounds on remote hands free device...
This will port ALL your sounds to whatever bluetooth headset/earpiece you have connected.
I hope this helps.
p.

Thanks, I never noticed that option before. I'll will still run BT audio though as that menu is buried pretty deep.

tkjames 01-23-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1509063)
I hope this helps.
p.

A thousand and one hundred THANK YOUs for this!!! I thought I had explored all the settings but clearly missed this one. Now I don't even need the cab to work, as I can just keep this checked. Again, thank you!

batpot 02-06-2010 07:52 PM

How does BT Audio affect battery life?