PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Syncing FACEBOOK with my Contacts? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107362)

testify585 01-21-2010 01:26 PM

Syncing FACEBOOK with my Contacts?

is there any way i could do that? ive seen a app on my buddys HTC hero where his facebook synced up with his phone contacts and used that person facebook default picture as there contact picture. i was wondering if that could be done with the Touch Pro 2. i just got this phone yesterday after having 8 replacements of the Touch pro. Thanks guys.

amw1972 01-21-2010 01:43 PM

Re: Syncing FACEBOOK with my Contacts?

I believe that is something that you can do with a more advanced version of TF3D (Sense 2.1 or 2.5.) I assume that your Touch Pro 2 is bone stock.

I am running a custom ROM with Sense 2.5 running on top of that. I am able to syn my contacts with my Facebook friends.

If you have not had any experience going the custom ROM route which I encourage...you should check out the upgrade forum in the Touch Pro section (one of the stickied thread details how to flash your phone to a custom ROM) then you should check out the upgrade forum here in the Touch Pro 2 section and it should get you started.

navymarvin 01-21-2010 01:46 PM

Are you refering to a TP@ if so and you are on Sprint net work it should already be intergrated into you phone go to setting>syning options, type in you facebook info and all the names that match should sync

testify585 01-21-2010 01:54 PM

yeah my phone is alllll stock! im not ready to flash this phone yet ... i wanna get to know the ins and outs of this phone first you know? would Sense 2.5 work with stock ROM? and is there a program i have to download to sync facebook with my contacts?

piedra92 01-21-2010 02:13 PM

If I'm not mistaken the stock Manilla that comes on the Sprint TP2 is 2.1. This should already have the FB intergration included. I believe if you go to contacts - my contact card, at the bottom of the screen there is an option for you to login to FB. Remember that the names in your contacts must match the names your friends use on FB or they won't link automatically. Hope this helps.

one80oneday 01-21-2010 02:14 PM

I just recently posted this same question in the software section HERE. Best solution I found is an Outlook program called OutSync which creates contacts from your facebook friends. Then I used BookSync to update their pictures and birthdays. Then I used Manila Birthday to put the birthdays into my calendar. Everything else has to be done manually as far as I know.

testify585 01-21-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piedra92 (Post 1506698)
If I'm not mistaken the stock Manilla that comes on the Sprint TP2 is 2.1. This should already have the FB intergration included. I believe if you go to contacts - my contact card, at the bottom of the screen there is an option for you to login to FB. Remember that the names in your contacts must match the names your friends use on FB or they won't link automatically. Hope this helps.

YOU R ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! thanks man i never noticed this! ive got alot of playen around to do with this phone... thanks to this forum i can ask any question and get a detailed answer I LOVE THIS FORUM!

strra 01-21-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1506705)
I just recently posted this same question in the software section HERE. Best solution I found is an Outlook program called OutSync which creates contacts from your facebook friends. Then I used BookSync to update their pictures and birthdays. Then I used Manila Birthday to put the birthdays into my calendar. Everything else has to be done manually as far as I know.

booksync works for what you want. the free version is slightly buggy (you can buy the retail version for $.99), but it gets the job done most of the time

testify585 01-21-2010 03:00 PM

ok ive tryed using the Facebook link thats already on the touch pro 2 but it takes forever to load the pictures...some of em are not even loading and booksync and mobile sync do not work on the touch pro 2 for sum reason... any other suggestions?

piedra92 01-21-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testify585 (Post 1506836)
ok ive tryed using the Facebook link thats already on the touch pro 2 but it takes forever to load the pictures...some of em are not even loading and booksync and mobile sync do not work on the touch pro 2 for sum reason... any other suggestions?

Patience grasshopper, yes it takes awhile for the pics to sync. For those that didn't load try this:

Go to the contact, select update subtab. Click on menu and tap update. This works for me every time.

BTW, make sure to click thanks if this helps you. =D>