PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

johnnyzx10r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the best wifi phone for sprint Moment./ Hero or Touch Pro 2?

Good day to everyone . My girl wants to get a phone for her sprint account with wifi and they tell me that only moment , hero and pro 2 have wifi so i was wondering if anyone can help me here . thank you
Old 01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G

richardrk is becoming a great contributor
Re: What is the best wifi phone for sprint Moment./ Hero or Touch Pro 2?

Well it all depends if they are nerdy like the rest of us geekers... if not... cut the Pro2 from that lineup. I would probably suggest the Hero as it is better than the Moment at this moment in time(haha).

My Post made WMExperts
PPC-6601 http://www.wmexperts.com/friday-fun-...want-all-power
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

take her to the store and see what she likes better. they each have their strengths and weaknesses. tp2 is winmo, full keyboard. hero is android, no keyboard with sense ui. moment is android with keyboard, no sense. there's also a hefty price difference between the android devices and the winmo device.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G

richardrk is becoming a great contributor

Also note that the Touch Pro2 has a Resistive touch screen versus the two android devices having Capacitive.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

johnnyzx10r is a n00b

Thank you dont kill for saying this but i have right now a htc pro 2 ... with sprint i cancel my service for the main reason that the phone was wayyy to crazy for me like someone here said for nerds lol i have it with a mightrom and all bunch of things but i got tired of phone having crashes and having to hard reset the phone and me putting 345 contacts so i got another phone and im sure my girl is not going to be like me comming here to hook up phone . The hero is nice but im not sure if texting is good and the moment has a key pad like the pro 2 but i i dont know much about the moment
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyzx10r View Post
Good day to everyone . My girl wants to get a phone for her sprint account with wifi and they tell me that only moment , hero and pro 2 have wifi so i was wondering if anyone can help me here . thank you
Actually the BB Curve 8530 has Wifi as well. Unfortunately BB took the flash off of the new model. If she wants a kb then the Moment is a nice phone, it is supposed to get updated to Android 2.1 by the end of Q1 (March 10).

Before my TP1 was replaced w/TP2 I was looking at the Moment or waiting for the new BB Tour 2 (Wifi w/ flash). Hope this helped.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i have a friend that absolutely loves his hero and texts like mad on it... i hate onscreen keyboards for myself though (swype is the ONLY exception). the hero has sense which is a bit more polished of a UI as opposed to the moment which has the bare android interface. hero has a better camera and as mentioned above they both have capacitive touch screens. the moment has an amoled display which is prety impressive. as far as i know though aside from that there isn't much difference in the capabilities of the phones. the keyboard imho is the biggest dealmaker/dealbreaker between the two.

i can honestly say for myself that if i hadn't gotten a free upgrade to the tp2 i would either be still runnin the tp1 or upgraded to the moment... the tp2 is just too darn pricey and as customizable as winmo is, android devices running almost the same software are waaaay more affordable

Last edited by tr0s; 01-20-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

johnnyzx10r is a n00b

So i guess is hero lol i just need to sell my pro 2 then so i can get money for hero on ebay. The number one thing i guess would be the camera i hear the hero has a nice camera but im wondering if it has a timer......... lets just say that she likes taking pics of her self : ) and of course she likes to text all day in facebook.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

check with the folks in the Hero forum...

besides, if there is "no" feature such as the timer...I'm sure you can find an app that does that. When dealing with "smart" devices most minor features can be found in apps.

You should look at the hardware for these devices since those can't be installed or reg edited to be made to work.

Remember, if the phone is for your girlfriend, you should ask her what she wants....because ultimately you'll have to deal with her if she's not happy with what you got her.

Facebook...WinMo's facebook app is practically worthless; can't say much about Android's facebook interface...but I do suggest access facebook via m.facebook.com thru the phone's browser.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

johnnyzx10r is a n00b

Sounds good lol now i just need to sell my htc pro 2 and i will get her the hero . I was watching YOUTUBE and it looks pretty cool with the android apps . Now i just need to make this pro 2 completly bone stock any suggestions

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2