PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Anthony Franks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Custom ROMS for Business

Im a business professional and I use my phone to the fullest. Theres not one feature on my TP2 that I dont use everything from MMS all the way to alarms and the calendar. I like the Sense 2.5 thats out I believe or the one with the motion weather background. Im sure I can impress some clients and vendors with that one when I whip out my cell. My question is what custom rom can I use that can accommodate those needs. I need the Sprint TV, Navigation, Nascar, and NFL Mobile. Some custom roms I read dont work right in landscape mode or the MMS dont work. Some Ive read that they are battery hogs but easy on RAM. I was going to go with Silence ROM since alot of people was saying that his is pretty good on stability and speed. But Ive heard that he wont be making any more ROMS. Then of course the other options is Mighty ROMs but I heard his have some bugs and other issues as well. I know this might be beating a dead horse. But I feel this is a legit question.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Custom ROMS for Business

mighty rom official 1/20 + mr.x sprint carrier cab + stock sprint apps u said u need

or check this out
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthony Franks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
mighty rom official 1/20 + mr.x sprint carrier cab + stock sprint apps u said u need

or check this out
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938
Whats your take on MalROMs vs Energy's and Mighty Rom? It seems like everybody from Silence is moving over there.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

i'm a heavy business user, i carry 2 extra batteries at all times and have chargers in my bedroom, my office, all 3 of my cars, work, and my girlfriend. i have tried silence with sense 2.1 which was fantastic bc of speed and battery life. i tried mightyrom war for 2 days but it was too buggy and laggy for my tastes. after hearing silence left development for the iphone, i found out that there is a beta with sense 2.5 which i am currently using. I'm going to stay with it, once wm7 comes out i'll switch to someone else's rom but his works pretty damn well

EDIT: at my girlfriends, not in her
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthony Franks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
i'm a heavy business user, i carry 2 extra batteries at all times and have chargers in my bedroom, my office, all 3 of my cars, work, and my girlfriend. i have tried silence with sense 2.1 which was fantastic bc of speed and battery life. i tried mightyrom war for 2 days but it was too buggy and laggy for my tastes. after hearing silence left development for the iphone, i found out that there is a beta with sense 2.5 which i am currently using. I'm going to stay with it, once wm7 comes out i'll switch to someone else's rom but his works pretty damn well

EDIT: at my girlfriends, not in her
With the custom roms how do you do the PRL updates any other SPRINT or service related upgrades..
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mighty rom with manila 2.1 is extremely stable i have been using his roms since the unlocker was released and im real happy great battery life.2.5 roms are a bit buggy no matter the chef.try out a few roms all the roms are great in there own way.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

MightyRom (1.20.10) is the truth.
heavy business user & you need ALL that BLOATWARE? (Sprint TV , NFL Mobile , etc.) Seems like an oxymoron to me. i'm a project manager w/ a ton of business to do on my phone and none of it involves using those bloated programs, but to each their own. after the unlocker came out i was real quick to Juicy's R series. after R6 started to act a "little" bit funny with the 2016 ziggy fix i decided to give Mighty a test run. i didn't like a few things like no twitter tab (htc peep) and no icons on the today screen. what i did like is the stability, speed, connectivity, and overall amount of RAM after adding a ton of great cabs like Nitrogen, MoTweets, and Pandora. I been on Mighty Rom for about 2 months straight now. i still enjoy the stability & continuous speed. I highly recommend it but if that's not your idea of a business rom try something else. SMS / MMS has no bugs w/ correct set up. Email has zero bugs. All websites work fine without crashing. Clean Ram works fine. & a few other good cabs work great too. (advanced config, spb backup, open market, personalizer, smart organizer, netflix mobile, total commander, skyfire, wunder radio, pocket assistant, myplayer) if you have never heard of these cabs i highly recommend all of them for a business user.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Franks View Post
With the custom roms how do you do the PRL updates any other SPRINT or service related upgrades..
you can add PRL cabs that work really well w/ mighty roms. there are in the paperclip next to the thread title.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2