PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any good replacement USB leads ?

Hello all

I've had my first smart phone device, the TP2, for about a month now and have been plugging and unplugging the mini usb connector a lot.

Lately I've been noticing, especially if it is just sitting on the desk, that ever once in a while it just basically disconnecting on its own sometimes and then if I just push on the plug a little bit it reconnects.

Note, as far as the USB port on the TP2 that looks fine, at least for the moment, but I know if I leave this like this, eventually it will be worn too.

All in all though I gotta think the provided USB cord is pretty cheap so I was just wondering if there were any better ones out there and if anyone has had any experience with upgrade replacements.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Any good replacement USB leads ?

I haven't even removed the USB cable that came with the phone from the box. You can use any cable that fits, I probably have at least 5 of them around here from various digital cameras, previous phones, etc and they all work fine.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think one thing that might be of importance though if you care about that it will charge the device via this connection is that some of the usb cables that I am assuming aren't really designed for heavy power use, use only a 4 lead cable which I think will work just fine for the data while the actual cable that is used by the TP2 is a 5.

I should say I really have no idea if this actually has has any relevance as I have nothing to base it on but I now for sure that eh TP2 has a 5 pin plug in it and if I were looking for a cable I would be sure that is was a 5 and not a 4.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: verizon

eatbuckshot is just getting started

Mine was actually doing that with regular mini usb cables. So i decided to actually take out the one that came with the tp2 since it actually molded to the tp2 usb mini port. I don't seem to have any problems anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2