PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
3.5mm Jack 1st use cuts volume to 50%, anyway to disable?

i noticed that after everytime i flash no matter which rom when i connect my car stereo system to my phone with the 3.5mm jack is automatically lowers the volume to about 50%, then i gotta re-raise it back to normal so i can listen to music at full volume from my phone and adjust the level on my stereo....it'll only happen the first time on a fresh rom, but flashing day after day this gets annoying, does anyone know a reg entry or something that will stop this from happening?

Old 01-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: 3.5mm Jack 1st use cuts volume to 50%, anyway to disable?

Audio Booster should be able to address this issue for you Start>all programs>audio booster.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Threadstarter
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

audio booster cant be ran without connecting the cable,

once i connect the cable the volume drops to about 50%, but i can easily just raise it back to 100% with the volume control and its fixed then...what im looking for is some sort of registry key to prevent it from dropping to 50% the first time a cable is plugged into the port after a flash
Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sounds like a rom specific issue. im running mightys 13 rom and i plug in the jack and never have any problems like that.

side note: i like that , even thou the headphone jack is plugged in, we can do hands free talking via the car speakers using the phones mic. thats a plus!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i noticed that after everytime i flash no matter which rom when i connect my car stereo system to my phone with the 3.5mm jack is automatically lowers the volume to about 50%, then i gotta re-raise it back to normal so i can listen to music at full volume from my phone and adjust the level on my stereo....it'll only happen the first time on a fresh rom, but flashing day after day this gets annoying, does anyone know a reg entry or something that will stop this from happening?

Thats normal. THe volume setting is independent from the phone and the headset jack. It's always at 50% on the first plugin on the 3.5mm, once you adjust it one time, it will stay that way.

Example: You have your phone on silent or vibrate , but at the same time, you can still listen to music using the headphone jack.

It's a neat feature. I too use the phone as my music/video player in my car using the 3.5mm output.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow, I didn't know that the volume dropped to 50% after you plug the headphone in. I would always turn the volume all the way up and then plug in the headphones. I was about to buy another iPod because I was getting sick of having to turn the volume in my car to almost 90%. I even tried audio booster and wondered why it never worked. lol Thanks!

Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
Thats normal. THe volume setting is independent from the phone and the headset jack. It's always at 50% on the first plugin on the 3.5mm, once you adjust it one time, it will stay that way.

Example: You have your phone on silent or vibrate , but at the same time, you can still listen to music using the headphone jack.

It's a neat feature. I too use the phone as my music/video player in my car using the 3.5mm output.
You just repeated what he said was happening. He is trying to make it not happen.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Regardless what what you do or what registry changes you make, it is going to go back to 50% everytime you flash a new ROM which clears everything and installs a new registrey, unless you were to make a change in the ROM you flash

Dave
Old 01-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Threadstarter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Regardless what what you do or what registry changes you make, it is going to go back to 50% everytime you flash a new ROM which clears everything and installs a new registrey, unless you were to make a change in the ROM you flash

Dave
im trying to find the reg that controls this so i can cook it into the ROM I COOK, so i dont have to do it every time i flash my own rom...lol, if i find out the setting, once its cooked in it wont happen anymore , and i can make a cab for everyone else that wants it to not do that, they can set it up in their sdconfig or sdconfig sashimi whatever

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2