PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gmail Sync Email Lag?

I agree that this problem is kind of annoying. I know it's free but I would just use pop since it's more consistent if this wasn't advertised as working well.

The problem is weird. Sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, when I go to either activesync or the inbox, and press sync or send/receive respectively, I see that it does see the new emails, because it says 0/2 messages. But then after it syncs, the new messages aren't in the in box, and active sync just says connected. Then all of a sudden 5 hours later, the messages appear. It's very weird.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong. My gmail push works flawlessly. The 1st couple of weeks when they started push email it was buggy, but for the last month and a half it been flawless, I mean instant push email.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcgpirate View Post
yeah it looks like im still not getting instant push on the gmail through outlook, the imap gmail account gets its email at 5 mins intevral which is almost all times faster than outlook. also outlook gmail doesn't seem to give me an option on the interval to check for new email.
it does give you the option. You can select timed intervals or you can select direct push, as item arrive. click menu, schedule, then change peak times and off-peak times to as items arrive and you will have instant notification. Don't listen to these people I don't know why mine would be working and no one elses isn't? gmail direct push works perfect now.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work

I have all my setting set during peak and off peak times to as items arrive. It does work when it works. But occasionally, it stops working and there are some problems.

It seems to be better with the latest ROM I'm using, but I can't actually make the problem arise, so I'll just have to wait and see. time will tell I guess.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd9ball View Post
Gmail sync has had intermittent problems since the end of last year. There are a bunch of threads open on google's help forums. It seems to come and go inconsistently, and for the most part Google is saying that its technically still in beta, so deal with it. I had very bad lag issues in December (delivery anywhere from 1 - 6 hours behind) but mine is currently working good. As a matter of fact the emails on my TP2 have timestamps that are often earlier than in my gmail inbox.

Its a free service so considering the fact that most ISP's don't even allow IMAP connections, I'll deal with some lag now and then. You can always set up IMAP in addition to gmail sync and just activate it when you need to...
Yeah - that's how I understand it.
I luv Google stuff but as with anything else in life, you get what you pay for.

That said, on my TP1, the way around this was to go into the account setting for pocket outlook (exchange) on occasion (failure to get instant mail) & untick the sync folder for the Inbox (also if you have Calendar & Tasks) & save the setting again.

This essentially undo your setup but the TP1 actually remembers your Google sync setups so it was merely a simple tick to turn it back on when you go & retick. This kinds of reset the connection to Google's servers IMO.
& off you go on your merry push mail ways.

Now you do lose some email upon the download depending on how many days of mail you want to pull down ( last 3 days for me)

But since I really don't sync my Gmail but use it more as a push function, YMMV.

Last edited by Q_Q; 01-21-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
it does give you the option. You can select timed intervals or you can select direct push, as item arrive. click menu, schedule, then change peak times and off-peak times to as items arrive and you will have instant notification. Don't listen to these people I don't know why mine would be working and no one elses isn't? gmail direct push works perfect now.
Under the IMAP gmail account, I see an option to setup a time schedule albeit at only a minimum of 5 mins.

With outlook gmail, I don't see this option to setup a schedule. I went to the options screen and thru all the sub options (clicked account to change settings, which takes me to an edit server settings option (m.google.com), next screen is user information (password and username), next is edit server settings where i choose what i want to sync, i chose email and contacts) and there wasn't anything that would allow me to setup a schedule.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've been having problems. I received an e-mail at 11:30am on my phone so I went on my computer and it said I got it at 10:30am.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Under the IMAP gmail account, I see an option to setup a time schedule albeit at only a minimum of 5 mins.

With outlook gmail, I don't see this option to setup a schedule. I went to the options screen and thru all the sub options (clicked account to change settings, which takes me to an edit server settings option (m.google.com), next screen is user information (password and username), next is edit server settings where i choose what i want to sync, i chose email and contacts) and there wasn't anything that would allow me to setup a schedule.
imap is different then microsoft exchange. imap only give options to sync every once in a while. Click on the active sync button in programs and set up gmail that way.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:

follow these instructions. make sure you change the settings to "as items arrive"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86788
Old 01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Well the case with me is it happens quite often. I use my gmail acct as both a work and a personal email address because everything is forwarded or sent to my gmail. Best of all, I use Gchat (at work or w/e) and for some odd reason- IMAP doesn't send the missed gchat msgs as emails (I don't get them at al, but with google sync I do).

It happens very often to me. I find myself hitting sync now several times a day- like just now, I had an email sent to me at 2:40 but just received it 10 minutes ago

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2