PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation What is the consensus on terms? TF3d or Sense?

Im getting confused, especially with all the different cookings going on, plus now there are 2 flavors of "stock" roms for Sprint and Vzw.

When I am asking a problem with the newest stock 6.5 vzw rom, am I hunting for "Sense" or "TF3d" help? or are they interchangeable terms?

I Surely appreciate the clarification.

2nd

Nobody has figured out how to make Sense or TF3d use the old contacts (so we can sort by company) on the phone yet have they? disableing sense isnt the answer for me either... Did one of the Cooks make this work this way?

Im 70% about business on the phone, so I dont really need my contacts to be linked to Facebook, as much as I need to be able to sort people (for looking them up reasons) when making calls. with 300+ contacts I seldom know the name of the genius I need to ask a question of, but I usually know what company he/she works for!

Please help me figure out a good fix for this.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: What is the consensus on terms? TF3d or Sense?

tf3d is the old version. What you would search for is sense 2.1, this is stable and works on the tp2. If you're willing to try sense 2.5 it will give added features but it dramatically takes up more ram and is slower then 2.1, but the added features maybe worth it.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sting32 is a n00b

p-slim. Since I would be willing to try 2.5, but that means a flashing with a rom right? Not sure Im up to speed on the Pro2 flashing yet, but probably could in a few hours of searching and reading stickies, which you like best?
(or if I am wrong and cab/update exist for sense2.5) lemme know?

thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I use the old contacts on Sense 2.1...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
p-slim. Since I would be willing to try 2.5, but that means a flashing with a rom right? Not sure Im up to speed on the Pro2 flashing yet, but probably could in a few hours of searching and reading stickies, which you like best?
(or if I am wrong and cab/update exist for sense2.5) lemme know?

thanks
you are correct. you would have to search this forum for the actual rom you want, but to get sense 2.5 you would have to flash a new rom. I personally would recommend calkulins rom or mighty mikes sense 2.5 rom. Calkulin has a kitchen thread and a rom thread. The kitchen thread is for advanced users who create their own rom, but he also has a rom thread where he already created the rom and all you have to do is load it. unlock your phone here to flash custom roms.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sting32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I use the old contacts on Sense 2.1...
Jeez Freeza, do I have to personally come over and ask "how"?
This wasnt a poll question lol.

sure I can goto start, find the contacts in there, but it would be better if it was just hit the dialing/phone key, hit contacts at the bottom pick my company then the person and dial, IMHO.

Ill live but I think there has to be a way easier than the start button, find the button and go from there.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Jeez Freeza, do I have to personally come over and ask "how"?
This wasnt a poll question lol.

sure I can goto start, find the contacts in there, but it would be better if it was just hit the dialing/phone key, hit contacts at the bottom pick my company then the person and dial, IMHO.

Ill live but I think there has to be a way easier than the start button, find the button and go from there.
LOL, I don't use it from the dialer, I just have "Contacts" set to the right soft-key on Sense 2.1 Home tab. I don't know if there's a way to use the old contacts from the dialer :-p
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sting32 is a n00b

Freeza, thanks, did you edit the registry or just do that from settings? I thought about I could make it "my button" possibly. Right now Im looking for the clear the push items from opera stuff.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Freeza, thanks, did you edit the registry or just do that from settings? I thought about I could make it "my button" possibly. Right now Im looking for the clear the push items from opera stuff.
read this thread, it will free up so much ram for you. 1 disables push internet and the other is a proxy setting.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85996
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Nobody has figured out how to make Sense or TF3d use the old contacts (so we can sort by company) on the phone yet have they? disableing sense isnt the answer for me either... Did one of the Cooks make this work this way?

Im 70% about business on the phone, so I dont really need my contacts to be linked to Facebook, as much as I need to be able to sort people (for looking them up reasons) when making calls. with 300+ contacts I seldom know the name of the genius I need to ask a question of, but I usually know what company he/she works for!

Please help me figure out a good fix for this.
Try this cab. Don't remember where I got it from but it may solve your problem. It has a company option, but I have never used it nor do any of my contacts have a company listed to test it.

Contact_changer_v1.3.cab
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
contacts