PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Butokan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calendar and Contacts getting messed up

Is anyone having problems with contacts and calendar appointments? This is my second TP2, and it’s doing the same thing. My TP2 keeps changing appointments on me. Before appointment were 1 day ahead of what they should be. Now I have appointments that are months off. This is getting frustrating. I’ve backed up my contacts and calendar using Outlook/Activesync, Gmail, Microsoft My Phone, and SPB Backup. I’ve hard reset this thing over 5 times today. Every time I try to pull my contacts and calendar from one of the listed ways, it shows up wrong on my phone. I’ve checked the info on my backups, and they’re all correct. It gets messed up when I bring it on the phone. I’m running a Sprint stock rom with no tweaks right now. I really think it has something to do with TF3D and the way it responds with the Microsoft programs. I didn’t have any of these problems with the original Touch Pro, but then again it didn’t use the calendar and contact interface that is on the TP2. I’ve also noticed that when I load my PIM backup from SPB Backup, the contacts no longer respond to the calendar. For example…If I load up my backup and I notice that John Smith’s birthday was wrong and change it in my “contacts” it doesn’t change it on the calendar anymore. Can anyone help me?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Calendar and Contacts getting messed up

What is your sync setup like? Are you syncing to an Exchange Server? Just yoru PC? Etc.? Also, what versions of software are involved here?
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've been syncing MY phone thru Activesync via m.google.com using ALL manners of TF3D (sense 2.1, 2.5) and also 6.1, 6.5 and 6.5.X and have NOT had a problem with appointment times messed up.

I suggest the following...hard reset...start from scratch. Use Gmail, GCal...and setup your Activesync acc't to sync with m.google.com...and only sync contacts, calendar, email...and see how that works for you. The only problem while I ran stock was syncing the birthdays...but that's not an issue anymore.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Butokan is a n00b

I'm syncing to my PC. Windows XP Media Center Edition, Office 2007, and Active Sync 4.5.
I really think it has to do with he phone, and not my computer setup, because all my info is correct in Outlook on my computer, in my gmail calendar, my Microsoft My Phone, and my SPB Backup. It will do it no matter which way I choose to put the information on my phone.

I just found a thread that seems to show that others are having this problem also.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101460
Old 01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Similar problem here - see this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105165

I sync with WMDC/Outlook 2007, with the Outlook Calendar showing correct entries, but the phone's Calendar messes up. My wife's birthday shows in Outlook Contacts correctly on June 1st. But if I look on my TP2, her Contact Info there shows May 31st, while the Calendar shows her birthday as January 1st. Pretty messed up right here...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

GDOG11324 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Similar problem here - see this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105165

I sync with WMDC/Outlook 2007, with the Outlook Calendar showing correct entries, but the phone's Calendar messes up. My wife's birthday shows in Outlook Contacts correctly on June 1st. But if I look on my TP2, her Contact Info there shows May 31st, while the Calendar shows her birthday as January 1st. Pretty messed up right here...
Exact same issue I am having in the following thread (pages 2-3). I urge some other TP2 users to try this out and see if it is widespread and hopefully come by a fix.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101460

Last edited by GDOG11324; 01-20-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added links
Old 01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Just to resurrect this thread, as no fix has yet been identified:

I have my VZW TP2 (Stock 6.1 ROM) connected with PC via ActiveSync. I go to Outlook 2007 Calendar, and edit a Birthday that I have there, which for whatever reason, just never appears on my TP2 calendar. When I save it, the ActiveSync icon becomes active, as it does when it's updating Sync'd content. But after is successfully completes its cycle, it still doesn't appear on the phone.

This is very frustrating, and I really wish somebody could figure out why this happens, and therefore how it can be fixed.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Having the same issue....birthday and anniversary dates appear 1 to 2 (and more) days off. Any fixes posted yet?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Update:

I have been frustrated with these glitches, so thought I'd see if I could play around with it:

I connected to my PC via ActiveSync (WMDC in 64-bit Vista), and it completed normally.

I then de-selected Calendar Sync from within WMDC. It took a few minutes to process this command, and when completed, I saw that all Calendar items on my TP2 were gone, as expected.

I then re-selected Calendar Sync from within WMDC, and this completed within a few moments. No Calendar items had been restored to the TP2.

I disconnected the TP2, did a soft reset, re-connected it to WMDC and tried again. Successful ActiveSync completed, but no Calendar items were added to the TP2.

I then initiated ActiveSync from the TP2 and this took quite a while, and showed that it was importing Calendar items. I was hopeful.

It completed, and now all my Calendar items were back on my TP2, but with the same screw-ups! My wife's birthday, which shows correctly in Outlook 2007 as June 1st appears on my TP2 as January 1st. An entry for one of my grandkids birthdays which shows correctly in Outlook 2007 as April 1st, also shows up on the TP2 as January 1st. I mean, what the heck is this???

My reading elsewhere indicates that some people who have problems along those lines have Sync'd their phones with more than 1 computer, and that somehow is contributing to the funky behavior. In my case, I've never sync'd to anything but my Desktop, so this doesn't apply.

When I look in WMDC, and also on my TP2, there are 2 separate entries for this PC - "Windows PC" and "Windows PC 2" where the "Windows PC" is a remnant of the previous partnership with a TP2 I had returned and had replaced with a refurb. I doubt that this is relevant, but who knows.

Elsewhere, people are blaming Microsoft and hypothesizing a bug/glitch in WMDC, ActiveSync, etc.

Anybody with any fresh insight on this???
Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Sero 50

stinkbud is just getting started

I have a HTC diamond for Sprint. It is a replacement phone from a HTC Vogue. Both phones had messed up dates in my contacts for birthdays. I had them synched with Microsoft My Phone and Google. As a result ALL of my contacts are completely screwed up. It is so bad I have no idea which dates are correct anymore. This is horrible with family especially because I AM AWFUL with birthdays.

I may have the dates correct on my old palm tungsten and possibly on an older laptop. What I may have to do is manually fix everything. This is going to be a huge beast of a job but it is needed.

has anyone figured out what is happening with this because I have a feeling it is a Windows Mobile issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2