PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

mgdking is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Java Games On our TP2?

Simple question. Can we play Java based games on our TP2's? Mine is verizon 6.1 stock rom if that matters? If we cant is there something we could install to play them?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134
Re: Java Games On our TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
Simple question. Can we play Java based games on our TP2's? Mine is verizon 6.1 stock rom if that matters? If we cant is there something we could install to play them?
LMAO no offense but why would you want to play java games? but to answer your question yes you can play java games but the actual screen will be very small, because java games were not designed specifically for HTC touch pro 2.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Java is a cross platform so as long as the JVM has the components necessary and is the same version it will run. JVM should also theoretically resize it to the resolution. If not there is an application for swapping to other resolution WVGAFix i think its called.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
LMAO no offense but why would you want to play java games? but to answer your question yes you can play java games but the actual screen will be very small, because java games were not designed specifically for HTC touch pro 2.
i think i can aswer that for him - some older(but still kickass) java games were never remade, as for screen - not nessesarily, naturally resolution is not going to be full(unless it was specifically designed for it(newer games)) but you can make it play full screen. BTW Opera Mini v5 beta still runs on Java i beleive.
BTW here: http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/htc-tou...twares_2169/1/

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 11-15-2009 at 08:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Curtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on repCurtis8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to Curtis8 Send a message via AIM to Curtis8 Send a message via MSN to Curtis8 Send a message via Yahoo to Curtis8

I found Esmertec Jbed 20080912.5.1 – Java Midlet Manager to be quite helpful. Allows you to play Java apps on your phone and keeps them organized in the program itself.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
wth, why wouldnt you want to? i got like 40 java games that are sweet looking and way better sounds than regular cab games, sonic is sweet using java and nfl 2010 and terminator salvation is another.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2