PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Water damaged, and returning, but cant turn it on to delete, and flash back

So the phone is water damaged, wont even turn on or anything, had some screen power, but only minimal almost like a backlight but thats it. But I wanted to know how can I erase the info on it if I cant even access it? Secondly if the phone is damaged to this extent is it even refurbishable? Will they be able to eventually access it?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor
Re: Water damaged, and returning, but cant turn it on to delete, and flash back

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
So the phone is water damaged, wont even turn on or anything, had some screen power, but only minimal almost like a backlight but thats it. But I wanted to know how can I erase the info on it if I cant even access it? Secondly if the phone is damaged to this extent is it even refurbishable? Will they be able to eventually access it?

If there is water damage don't even bother trying to retunr it. Just report it stolen. And you answered yourself. No, if you cannot turn it on you will not be able to erase it. I hope you have insurance on it. If you do , just report it stolen... or even send it back , but I doubt you will be able to do much with it.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I don't think report stolen is the right option because If I'm right that requires a police report, Just report it lost if you wish to, I'm sure nothing bad will happen though if it is water damaged as the company most likely just rebuilds them... fresh start and deletes everything.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
if you can't turn the phone on, there is no way to erase it. And yes it is possible for someone to fix the problem and actually access the data. I don't know if this is going to happen but it is possible. I have been able to get mulitple liquid damaged phones to turn on when the customer could not. I use to be a tech for Sprint 3-4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I don't think report stolen is the right option because If I'm right that requires a police report, Just report it lost if you wish to, I'm sure nothing bad will happen though if it is water damaged as the company most likely just rebuilds them... fresh start and deletes everything.
i wouldn't recommend saying stolen also, just say you lost it.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

why say anything about it being lost or stolen??? if there is insurance on the phone and you file a claim and have to pay a deductible then why lie about it????? insurance is for exactly that. its not like verizon is gonna replace a liquid damaged phone for free anyway.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
why say anything about it being lost or stolen??? if there is insurance on the phone and you file a claim and have to pay a deductible then why lie about it????? insurance is for exactly that. its not like verizon is gonna replace a liquid damaged phone for free anyway.
the only reason i said to report it lost is because it seems like the op is afraid of someone turning his phone on 1 day and having access to his info.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the only reason i said to report it lost is because it seems like the op is afraid of someone turning his phone on 1 day and having access to his info.
If you report it stolen you DO NOT need to have a police report........ I'd report it stolen if you're going to to anything or buy a new screen and put it in. Takes 5 mins the rest of the phone is perfectly fine. You shorted the screen backlight.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:33 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

id say attempt a hard reset using the buttons then pull the battery if it seems sucsessful. if not run it over in the car or really get it wet. let it go skinny dipping in a glas of beer. or better yet, piss. no one will want to open it up and look at it then. i also know for a fact that if you really get a tp wet and leave it that way there is no amount of drying that can bring it back to life. i mea truly submerged.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
id say attempt a hard reset using the buttons then pull the battery if it seems sucsessful. if not run it over in the car or really get it wet. let it go skinny dipping in a glas of beer. or better yet, piss. no one will want to open it up and look at it then. i also know for a fact that if you really get a tp wet and leave it that way there is no amount of drying that can bring it back to life. i mea truly submerged.

DUDE...you my friend are one most will not invite into their homes....lol...but it was funny.

Give some
Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I agree with running it over with a car. Take lots of pics and post them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2