PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: getting tp2 today...thinking about iphone..whos have both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
Could Nikkig=Exil3d ?
ROTFL, thanks for the laugh!!

I'm still chuckling over this......

~John
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

just going to chime in and say business, rather anything work related on the droid and the iphone is horrible...its just that bad for my uses. Touch pro 2 was geared toward my interests a bit more than either iphone and the droid...I really don't like droid personally but I am impressed with the development it has received...

that said my personal belief is that the droid os/desktop/home screen/program menu actually sucks without the sense ui. It wasn't clunky, but felt unpolished and very incomplete. If anything I would honestly suggest getting the htc hero, root your device and get a custom build on your phone ASAP...it makes the device pur...

all that said for me and business that is touch pro 2
Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
ROTFL, thanks for the laugh!!

I'm still chuckling over this......

~John
that is pretty funny
my wife and i have had 2 iphones, tp, pre, n now i have a tp2, she has a hero, we are both happy
Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
just going to chime in and say business, rather anything work related on the droid and the iphone is horrible...its just that bad for my uses. Touch pro 2 was geared toward my interests a bit more than either iphone and the droid...I really don't like droid personally but I am impressed with the development it has received...

that said my personal belief is that the droid os/desktop/home screen/program menu actually sucks without the sense ui. It wasn't clunky, but felt unpolished and very incomplete. If anything I would honestly suggest getting the htc hero, root your device and get a custom build on your phone ASAP...it makes the device pur...

all that said for me and business that is touch pro 2
Said it before and said it again.. the majority of people that buy these phones dont get them for business purposes.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Said it before and said it again.. the majority of people that buy these phones dont get them for business purposes.
On a related note, a Winmo device with a Custom ROM is a pretty compelling device. If you are comfortable with that, I'd say to take a long look at the TP2.

The problem is that the majority of people don't know how or are not interested in reflashing their ROM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is all I really gotta say about this topic:

The TP2 is a great device that is way better than my TP ever was, however, it's internals are showing it's age and the random lockups (no where near as many as my TP had) really bug me. Other than that it's the best WM phone I've had the pleasure of owning.

Next at this point in time you won't catch me buying ANY Apple product unless it was an iMac (and even those are having yellow screen issues check Gizmodo for the full rundown) because on Jan. 27th they will be introducing most likely their Tablet, next MacBook Pro refresh, iPhone OS 4.0 and maybe even a new iPhone which is due for a hardware refresh this June. So more importantly I wouldn't buy an iPhone assuming a newer better one is coming in June.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

AlexAuran is just getting started

I think the best way to determine what will work for you is to analyze what activities you do the most. I mostly care about i/o speed. The longer I have to actually touch my device, the more I consider it a failure. My time is better spent using data, not inputting or retrieving it. I am a HEAVY (50-75 outgoing/day) texter, so having a physical tactile keyboard is going to weigh heavily against a virtual.

As for apps, outside of listening to music, occasionally hitting twitter, and using my calendar/reminders, there isn't much I do on a regular basis, and all three phones do them almost as well as the others (droid being the worst). Gaming is definitely horrible on WM, everything looks like was made for Win 95 (and probably was), but if you're not a portable gamer (I'm not), then it is irrelevant.

The bottom line is you need to figure out how well the phones do the tasks you're GOING to do a thousand times, not how well they COULD do something you might use sometime, and go from there.

Last edited by AlexAuran; 01-21-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

just to reiterate...it really comes down to preference. i wouldn't get an iphone knowing i have the tp2. so far by experience i wouldn't give up the tp2 for anything. it has everything i can pssibly use it for

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

It does boil down to preferences what doing what you need. Comparing the TP2 to the iPhone is like comparing a 1995 Toyota Corolla to a 2002 Ford Ranger. They're both vehicles, they're both useful, one is older than the other, But you can't really compare the two because they both serve different purposes and different aesthetics. A lot of Pro-iPhone/anti-TP2 that I see is nothing more than e-Penis rhetoric. Get over it already. :P
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If only the TP2 had a faster processor, it really wouldn't be that bad. Its just slow and not as smooth viewing web pages like the iPhone was. I don't know why those stupid idiots at HTC didn't bother to update the processor from the TP1.

I mean come on, if your gonna release something "new" they could've at the very least boost the processor a bit and maybe added more memory instead of just slapping on a bigger screen. They probably did it on purpose to give you a reason to jump to the snapdragons later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2