PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   OPEN OF US ENGLISH FAILED error (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107176)

djqwikcut 01-20-2010 12:00 PM

OPEN OF US ENGLISH FAILED error

Does anyone know what the error "OPEN OF US ENGLISH FAILED" means? I think it has to do with SWYPE but I am not sure. I searched and found something about this error with swype being installed on the memory card (which is where I installed it) and a SKIN FILE, but I didnt have the folder it mentioned. any help would be appreciated....

-- Dave

afripino 01-20-2010 12:17 PM

Re: OPEN OF US ENGLISH FAILED error

Yes, it is SWYPE related. You should install to device memory to prevent this error. Soft reset usually is a temporary fix until the next time it shows up. Think it has something to do with the timing of the storage card being loaded after the SIP is called.

subzero1313 01-20-2010 12:30 PM

Yep, got this when I started using Swype. Some other error too, about failing to load the shell. I removed Swype, havent seen it since

amw1972 01-20-2010 12:42 PM

been using swype heavily over the past 3 weeks...for text, email, and generally anything that uses SIP...

it was installed onto the device. I have had no problems...have NOT seen any error messages.

djqwikcut 01-20-2010 12:53 PM

I am told it was because I installed it on the memory card and if the mempry card does not load before the SIP change then you get that error.. I have reinstalled onto the system memory and we will see.. I love SWYPE. what version is everyone using on the TP2?

djqwikcut 01-23-2010 11:19 AM

WEll I reinstalled SWYPE on the internal memory and it has been good for a a few days but now I am back to the OPEN OF US ENGLISH FAILED .. any ideas??

I was told I would not see this error anymore if I reinstalled SWYPE on the MAIN MEMORY but it came back

lamensterms 02-25-2010 01:07 AM

hopefully you guys have this problem solved. but IF you dont... and if the problem seems to be a result of some custom swype skins you might have installed... the problem is... if you install custom skins, they are installed (by default) to your devices internal memory - and IF you have swype installed to a memory card, this creates a conflict.

so... if you have swype installed you a memory card, once you install the skins, you must copy the skin files (likely to be in /program files/swype) to you install directory (storage card/program files/swype). over write the existing files, soft reset, and you should be set.

good luck.

lamensterms 02-25-2010 01:08 AM

also... make sure you delete the empty swype folder from your device memory, as it can still confuse the program.