PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any fix for restoring sms from after flashing??

Hello everyone,

Having a problem since flashing from stock WM 6.1 rom over to a 6.5 Rom like Mighty Rom.

Can't seem to restore my old sms text messages properly. Tried PIM Backup, SPB backup and Microsoft Myphone with no luck.

I mean they do actually restore the messages except they are scrambled and not in order by the correct date and time. This means when I go to view a threaded convo or use the manila "reply" option the previous text conversation is there but not in the order in which it was originally. This is unfortunately not much help.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue with flashing from 6.1 to 6.5 or not but if anyone knows a way to successfully do this it would be very appreciated.
I found a supposed fix but it didnt really fix it. Someone suggested restore the sms, turn off threaded sms, soft reset, turn it back on and soft reset again. That did resolve placing them in order when I click on "all messages" and in the text message inbox and threaded convo they are all in order.

My problem now lies in the manila sms threading. As in when you scroll to the sms tab, flick through messages and click on the screen and it takes you to a threaded convo showing you a small pic of that person and gives you the little text box on the bottom of the screen to enter a reply and you press "send" on the screen.

Anyway on that screen all previous messages are still scrambled. If anyone knows a full fix please share!! Thanks!!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Any fix for restoring sms from after flashing??

ever since threaded sms came out I had problems even with my titan..one hting to note is once you recover sms I had to leave sms open for like an hour to get them resorted..sigh

But depending on how many text messages, you may be able to back them up to your sim card and restore from there...its worth a shot(haven't tried it yet)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

this is the trick that has worked for me with PIMBackup on the Mogul, Touch Pro, and now Touch Pro 2.

before backing up, switch from Threaded to Classic.
restart
backup with PIMbackup
(install new ROM, hard reset, etc)
switch from default Threaded to Classic
restore with PIMbackup
restart
switch back to Classic to Threaded
restart
open up your Messaging, let it sit for a while so it'll start reorganizing your texts. it'll take a looong time depending on how many texts you have. Once i had to let it sit for 20-30min after sending out 3000-4000 texts.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If I remember correctly, just saving a copy of the PIM will work. So when ya flash a new rom, rename the New pim to PIMTEMP and place that copy you saved from the last rom, soft reset and all contacts, appointments and I believe sms emails and etc will be back as will.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use flexilis after flash i install. go to web site hit restore. it restores all my contacts, pics, any sms and mms i have...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and I will def go back and try them. My concern however is that it will sort them properly in the inbox but not within the manila threaded conversation screen. Im referring to the one built into Touchflo3d not within Windows Mobile.

To be more specific (as I want to ensure that I get the results I'm looking for) is when you click on a contact in your contact list it gives you various options/tabs along the bottom of the screen. The first is the contact card and the second is your sms coversations (threaded) then email tab, Facebook update tab then missed calls. That sms tab is the one that is never in order by date and scrambled. I've been able to get my sms restored and in order within the sms inbox (similar to the email inbox) but not here.

Will this one re-arrange itself automatically as well??
Old 11-04-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and I will def go back and try them. My concern however is that it will sort them properly in the inbox but not within the manila threaded conversation screen. Im referring to the one built into Touchflo3d not within Windows Mobile.

To be more specific (as I want to ensure that I get the results I'm looking for) is when you click on a contact in your contact list it gives you various options/tabs along the bottom of the screen. The first is the contact card and the second is your sms coversations (threaded) then email tab, Facebook update tab then missed calls. That sms tab is the one that is never in order by date and scrambled. I've been able to get my sms restored and in order within the sms inbox (similar to the email inbox) but not here.

Will this one re-arrange itself automatically as well??
when i restore with flexilis. it adds them back to inbox . they as well show up in my manila text tab.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
when i restore with flexilis. it adds them back to inbox . they as well show up in my manila text tab.
Interesting.. I never heard of Flexilis. Is it a free program? Do you have a link I can check out?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work

I use myphone from microsoft it can backup your contacts, calenders, sms photos and more, its pretty reliable.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Interesting.. I never heard of Flexilis. Is it a free program? Do you have a link I can check out?
yes the actually changed name of program now as its not a beta anymore.Here you go.

https://www.mylookout.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2