PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Explore PDA files from PC

Is there a file explorer that can read my phone from the PC? I know activesync can but that isn't what I want to use. It is slow and won't overwrite some files. I use CeRegistryEditor for the registry but need something similiar for file exploring.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: Explore PDA files from PC

Ok I'll Bite! Um I use my windows explorer on my pc??? Soo don't exactly understand your question... If you mean hidden files? change settings in explorer then hook up your phone.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No i want a file explorer i use on my computer that explores my phone.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you can just explore the storage card
Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17518; U; en))

you just running stock rom?

any particular reason you don't want to use the built-in activesync explorer?

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCell

Spelvin is a n00b

I believe what Clueless25 was trying to say is that once you have connected the TP2 to your computer using active synch you can then open my computer and it is listed there and you can use explorer to navigate some of the local storage on the phone, as well as the microSD card. I tried this last night and though you can see some, you still can not see or access the Windows folder, even with hidden files and system files shown in your window view.

I would love a way to be able to make changes in the Windows folder easily so I can make folders for all the apps in the start menu.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

I know the activesync method. But it is slow and won't overwrite some rom files. I want a different solution. Please let me know if anyone knows of some outside software
Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

if you use MyMobiler there is a explorer tool built in. Awesome app BTW.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

Thanks this is great so far. It is so much faster than the activesync explorer. I never noticed it inside of mymobiler.
Is there a view all files selection somewhere? I can't see all the windows directory files.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-13-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Mr. Chevy
Threadstarter

The mymobiler option isn't ideal but is has some improvements. Please give me any other solutions you may have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2