PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snakey5138999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Closest to OEM style Screen Protector??

Cleaning my protector off today and my whole protector came off. Tried cleaning and reapplying, but the corners wont stick now..

Love how the OEM protector feels and how it applies. Bought cheapo ones off ebay and they are the garbage flimsy film ones and have the "orange peel" look, which looks like ish!

Want to know what protectors are closest to OEM or where i can buy an EXACT protector that came out from the box? Maybe someone has an OEM one that they didnt use and would like to sell???

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r3v0 is a n00b
Re: Closest to OEM style Screen Protector??

i would like to know as well

the one i got off ebay blows. fitment is short by a few millimeter, and it scratches really easy. i have all these hair line scratches from using my thumb and pen. VERY CHEAP screen protector.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

i just got the SGP steinheil antifingerprint SP and it feels just like the factory one slick and firm ,not rubbery and stretchyl like some other major brands.but the antifingerprint layer gives it a slight matte finish. they also have a crystal clear version which i may try also. you get a pack of 2 for 12.99.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampuscat View Post
i just got the SGP steinheil antifingerprint SP .
I have the crystal clear ersion of that SP & it is awesome.

Perfect fit, easy to install.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mnjason is a n00b

Thanks for this post. It has been pissing me off trying ZAGG and all the other crap i can find to replace the sweet stock one. Sprint wouldn't tell me where to get a "original" replacement.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjason View Post
Thanks for this post. It has been pissing me off trying ZAGG and all the other crap .
yea, Zagg is total garbage on any screen running sense -that's for sure.

~John
Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjason View Post
Sprint wouldn't tell me where to get a "original" replacement.
LOL, don't feel bad -Verizon doesn't even provide an "original" SP........

~John
Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i remember once sprint gave a tp1 exchange phone, 2 days after my brand new one crashed lol .. anyways i asked for a screen protector & they said they dont have any they give out with referb phones but said i can buy a pack of universal 1z. dix. the sprint employees in my area are str8 a-holes n r rude. specially the fat faced eskimo lookin girl who needs 2 get laid or sumthin .. anyways i like phantom skinz screen protector ... i have 1 on my tp2 now & while it isnt as good as the 1 the phone comes with it isnt bad
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

I like phantom skinz as well. I am not looking back after having one. It has held up against a wet surface (laid face down on table without knowing it was wet) and grease(grease from the fifth wheel at work-forgot to take gloves off first). After all of that, it is still crystal clear and smooth as ever. I love it.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the first morning i used my phone after applying my phantom skinz protector i dropped my phone & it slid a few feet face down .. picked it up & seen what appeared to be a huge scratch ... knowing thats why i purchased it in the first place, to protect my screen i shook it off & knew i had 3 more at home & coupld re apply whenever .. later that day i scrolled & used my thumb nail which put a huge scratch or indentation in the protector ... well later that night when i went to show my gurl the scratches were gone .. now thats + if u ask me ... it reminds me of my memory foam mattress lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2