PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Closest to OEM style Screen Protector??

The packaging says Case Mate.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I bought these-->
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/spm1htp2s.htm
and they're awesome!
Iv had it on since december and its perfectly clear and perfectly smooth.
its been on for over a month now and still no scratches.
I would definatly recommend them to anyone!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

k0nkuzh0n is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakey5138999 View Post
Cleaning my protector off today and my whole protector came off. Tried cleaning and reapplying, but the corners wont stick now..

Love how the OEM protector feels and how it applies. Bought cheapo ones off ebay and they are the garbage flimsy film ones and have the "orange peel" look, which looks like ish!

Want to know what protectors are closest to OEM or where i can buy an EXACT protector that came out from the box? Maybe someone has an OEM one that they didnt use and would like to sell???

Thanks.
If its just a small part of the corner, I'd suggest just cutting that part off and keeping it for now. I bought some phantom skinz and was dissapointed to find they were the soft flimsy ones instead of hard shields. I did not put either of them on, and just kept the stock one. I had to cut the cornerse near the bottom because they pealed up some, but it has been working fine since.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nkuzh0n View Post
If its just a small part of the corner, I'd suggest just cutting that part off and keeping it for now. I bought some phantom skinz and was dissapointed to find they were the soft flimsy ones instead of hard shields. I did not put either of them on, and just kept the stock one. I had to cut the cornerse near the bottom because they pealed up some, but it has been working fine since.
Good idea, but the problem is once you cut the edges they tend not to lay flat. I often would custom cut left over protectors (new ones from phones I sold) for my wifes smaller screen phone. And any time I cut them, the edges I cut just would not lay flat and would not last at all.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

jsnively, do those case mate SPs already have the sticky film on the back or do you need to spray it with solution like this one?

http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-Clear-Armor-Protection/Case-Mate-HTC-Touch-Pro-2-Clear-Armor.asp
Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I got the phantom skinz to replace the Stock because it started to come up on one side a tiny bit.

Well the phantom one had a real bad fit on my tp2, you would have to stretch it big time for a even okay fit. I Cut it up and used it on the trim on the front, stretching there fits it perfectly, it's great on the trim, so strong and thin and it'll be like brand new underneath.

So I took the stock one that was coming off and washed it gently under running warm water with tons of dishsoap til it felt super smooth and held it on the edges, then hairdryered it and it went back on just like new.
Going to hit up the ATT store for sure though.

Last edited by Primenall; 01-30-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

Well I have one that is way better than OEM and is from bodyguardz and it fits perfectly around the sprint TP2. Here is the link. I had these full body protectors since my TP and I was so please with the results that I went and bought it for my TP2. Once I dropped my TP face down on concrete and there was no scrach on it. The protectors come with two full body protectors you must read and see the videos on how to apply the protectors because it can get a little challenging but the end result is perfect and the way it feels it is great it feels like is not going to slide out of your hands.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/content/ac...1-31--2357.htm

Giovanny
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

PPCTechs.com have a incredible line of screen protectors that fit the CDMA TP2's perfectly...if you are in SoCal, you can come down to Orange County during business hours and they'll install it perfectly for you...I have had these protectors on my Vogue, TP and now TP2 and they look great after a year of heavy use!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Well I got the phantom skinz to replace the Stock because it started to come up on one side a tiny bit.

Well the phantom one had a real bad fit on my tp2, you would have to stretch it big time for a even okay fit.

I have the same issue with the phantom skinz, the cut was off. I bought them after people here recommended them. Oh well, got them for cheap so not too bad. maybe i'll use it for the full body protection
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I bought these-->
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/spm1htp2s.htm
and they're awesome!
Iv had it on since december and its perfectly clear and perfectly smooth.
its been on for over a month now and still no scratches.
I would definatly recommend them to anyone!
I just got these and this thing was scratching like crazy and I am thinking this one sucks. Then duh i released I never removed the outerlayer of the screen protector. When i pealed it off I thought i was looking at blank screen but i was not. Wow this is the 4th protector I have owned is this is the best one yet. You cant even tell you have a protector. I also recogmend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2