PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What's your battery drain in standby? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107123)

mswlogo 01-20-2010 01:13 AM

What's your battery drain in standby?

1 Attachment(s)
I though it would be interesting to compare notes on battery draw (while asleep).

I'm curious what various ROMs and I suspect others may too.

I run Battery Monitor.exe and let it go to sleep for a while to measure it.

Then I wake it and read off the number.

I've attached Battery Monitor.exe (included from Calkulins' Kitchen) I don't know if cab exists or it's complete. I also included the Battery.exe from Energy ROM but I did not test using that one and again I'm not sure all dependencies are included but it does run off my storage card with a different ROM I got from.

So if you care to reply please include:

ROM Version
OS Version
OS Build
Sense UI Version (or Other)
Bluetooth On
Data On
Battery Tool used
Signal Strength
Battery Draw

My Data is as follows

ROM Version: V1.33 Calkulin Kitchen
OS version: 6.5.3
OS Build: 23518
Sense UI: 2.5.1922
Bluetooth: On
Data: On and Idle
Battery Tool: "BatteryMonitor.exe" from Calkulin Kitchen
Signal Strength: 3 out of 6 Bars EVDO (Using the thin bar Meter I think Max is 6 Bars)
Battery Draw: 20ma

AngeloUCF 01-20-2010 10:05 AM

Re: What's your battery drain in standby?

I haven't used that battery monitor, but I just looked and it's 9am and I'm at 50% after a full charge this morning. I'm running malrom's 6.5.3 on my sprint tp2. It's pretty annoying, I don't know what's causing such a rapid drain. I sync with exchange, but I don't think that should have such a dramatic effect. If I didn't work at a desk and keep my phone on the charger all day I'd be in real trouble.

ac0x 01-20-2010 10:33 AM

If I LEAVE it in standby (which is tough because I'm always waking it up), I get just about 10% drain an hour. So about 10 hours on a full charge. I have the phone checking email every 5 minutes

WhiteBlazer01 01-20-2010 11:28 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm on EnergyROM's newest ROM (I think Jan 14), and his roms have always had great standby battery life. I charged my phone to 100%, and it lasted well over 24 hours with minimal use (some text mesages, a few brief phone calls, and a quick lookup on Google Maps with GPS used). Very impressed.

I'll do a test with the attached file above, and report back later today. I'm at 100% charge now, so we'll see what happens.

KillAByteZ 01-20-2010 12:29 PM

I was runnin the latest MR(1-20) so I couldnt really comment on battery drain but I have noticed that ever since I flashed to the latest verizon update, my phone has been warming up a bit more than what it used to. BUt I usally have pretty good battery life maybe a day and a half. I flashed back to stock (6.1) on VZW so here are my results.

ROM Version:VZW Stock

OS version: 6.1
OS Build: 21052
TF3D:2.1
Bluetooth: off
Battery Tool: Battery tool from OP
Signal Strength: 2 Bars (3G)
Battery Draw:113 mA

Sorry for not postin my results earlier.

mswlogo 01-20-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1503574)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm on EnergyROM's newest ROM (I think Jan 14), and his roms have always had great standby battery life. I charged my phone to 100%, and it lasted well over 24 hours with minimal use (some text mesages, a few brief phone calls, and a quick lookup on Google Maps with GPS used). Very impressed.

I'll do a test with the attached file above, and report back later today. I'm at 100% charge now, so we'll see what happens.

I agree Energy ROM's are good at standby Battery usage and I used his ROM as a basline to know what is at least achievable. I believe his ROM would also get 20ma on standby.

Energy is very sensitive to Battery drain.

I could easily go 2-3 days on standby with Energy ROM or the ROM I built.

With normal usage (30-45 minutes of calls and 30-45 minutes of surfing) I'm at around 60-70% battery left at the end of the day. That's at a 30% fixed brightness, bluetooth on and data connected all day.

I do think Energy makes one of the best ROMs (I have not tried them all) but there were subtle issues like no voice comamnd cooked in and Sprint Provision issues (#777 pop up, ##codes# not all working etc.) that Calkulin's stuff does perfectly out of the box. It so happens Calkulin is on Sprint and Energy is not which I think is part of the reason.

I think it's a good idea to pick a chef on the same carrier so you know all the little carrier specific quirks are ironed out.

Dragon2 01-20-2010 04:35 PM

rom version 6.5
build 21881.5.0.84
OS version 5.2.21881
sense UI 2.1
bluetooth off
data always on
Aereolas batter monitor
4 bars 3g
60 mah idol drain........

Please posters, stay on topic, this isnt a how long does ya battery last topic, its a how much power is being drawn with what on.......... Follow his post yo...

spcrxracer 01-20-2010 08:22 PM

I'm currently tracking my usage via a spreadsheet that I update everytime I have to charge my phone. I'll post it when I've acquired some more data. Granted it's tracking TOTAL usage, but I think it will be interesting to examine.

freeza 01-20-2010 08:41 PM

ROM: Bare Naked ROM BETA 4
Running: Sense 2.1, SpeedBooster, MagiCall, S2U2 2.24
Signal Strength: 100% (All bars)
Bluetooh: On
Data: Off
Battery Draw: 45ma

AngeloUCF 01-20-2010 10:53 PM

ROM Version: V1.1b Malrom 11/9/09
OS version: 6.5.3
OS Build: 28014
Sense UI: 2.1.1920
Bluetooth: On
Battery Tool: "BatteryMonitor.exe" from Calkulin Kitchen
Signal Strength: 5 Bars EVDO
Battery Draw: 400-600mA!

Anyone know how to check what could be draining my battery so fast? I didn't see anything that jumped out at me using advanced task manager. I sync with exchange and hotmail and a few other accounts not as often but this seems a bit high.