PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mchapman007
Complete Verizon TouchPro 2 Help & How-To

Applications:

* How do I switch between running programs? The Quick Menu, located at the top right corner of the Today screen, lists all currently running programs. Tap the Quick Menu to switch between running programs or to stop programs when you don't need them.

* How do I select a city and set the Weather options? Select the Weather tab, then tap Menu > Add Location.

* How can I tell how much free memory I have left on my device? On your device, go to: Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Memory

* What are the differences between my device version and the PC version of Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Office Mobile programs are scaled-down versions of Microsoft Office programs for your PC. With Office Mobile, you can also create a new file, edit an existing file, or save a file with a new file name. However, Word Mobile and Excel Mobile only support simple editing functions, while PowerPoint Mobile only supports slideshow view function.

* How do I add/remove a stock? To add a stock slide to Stock then tap Menu > Add Stock or Remove Stock.

* I am unable to load a 3rd party application on my device. What can I do? Verify that there is enough memory available on your device by going to: Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Memory.

Note: You need at least 5MB of Storage and Program Memory available at all times in order for the device to function properly. Some applications can be installed and run from the Device Memory; try installing the application on the Storage Card. Verify that the application is compatible with your device and contact the software provider for further assistance.

Audio and Ringtones:

* How do I set up sound for incoming text messages on my device? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Sounds & Notifications. In the Notifications tab, select Messaging: New text message. Select the Play sound check box then choose a sound to use.

* How do I set a custom ringtone on my device? Your device can support the following audio formats: *.wma, *.mp3, *.midi, *.rmi, *.amr, *.awb, *.m4a.

To set an Audio file as your ringtone:
Ensure the audio file is saved in the My Documents folder or is on your Storage Card.

Navigate to the Settings tab in TouchFLO 3D and tap Sound. Scroll down to Ringtone and select the desired ringtone from the list of available ringtones.

* What is Audio Booster? Audio Booster is used with headphones and is an audio equalizer program.

* How do I adjust the in-phone volume? While on a call press the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons on the side panel of the device.

* How do I change the ring volume and system volume? The volume for both ring and system has been combined into the Single Volume control on the side panel of the device. If you would like to adjust the ring and system volume separately tap Start > Settings > Sound.

Bluetooth

* How do I turn Bluetooth ON/OFF on my device? From Comm Manager tap the Bluetooth Icon to enable/disable the Bluetooth function.

Note: To preserve battery power, disable Bluetooth when not in use.

* How do I connect a Bluetooth headset to my device? Tap Start > Settings > Communications and Add new Bluetooth headset.

* Can I use a USB keyboard with my device? HTC devices do not support USB keyboards. You can use a Bluetooth keyboard to pair with your device.

* How do I pair my device with another Bluetooth device? Scroll to the Settings tab of TouchFLO 3D and tap Communications. Next, tap Settings > Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is disabled, you will be prompted to enable Bluetooth. Tap Add and your device will begin a search for other devices. Make sure that the other device is set to discoverable mode.

Once your device locates another device, simply tap on the device to begin the pairing process. The device will then ask you for a passkey. Enter in a short passkey of your choice and tap OK. The device that you are trying to pair with will ask for that passkey to be entered. Once the passkey has been accepted you will be taken to a screen where you can choose a "Display Name" for that device and the services that it will be used for then tap Finish. Once this is done, the devices are paired.

* How can I send/receive files using Bluetooth? To send, locate the file that you want to send in File Explorer. Tap and hold your stylus on the file and from the popup menu, select Send via Bluetooth.

Select the receiving device from the device list.

Tap Send.

Connectivity and Internet:

* How do I set Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet? Tap Start > Settings > Communications. Tap Wi-Fi to turn on Wi-Fi. After turning on Wi-Fi, check the Notifications screen or tap Wi-Fi to see what wireless networks are in your area.

* Can I tether my HTC Touch Pro2 to my computer for use as a modem? Yes, the HTC Touch Pro2 can be used as a modem by installing the VZAccess Manager software, enabling the "Modem Link" application on the device and connecting it with the supplied USB cable. You can also use Bluetooth for this connection. Make sure to verify your account has the appropriate feature for tethering or phone-as-modem.

* I turned off my data connection but applications are still using the data connection. Why? Start > Settings > Communications > Data Connection > OFF/ON will temporarily turn off the data connection. Once an application tries to use the data connection again the data connection will turn itself back on.

* Can I use other web browsers for Internet browsing? Your device uses Opera as the default web browser. If you would like to use a 3rd party web browser, please contact the application provider to see if their web browser is supported on Windows Mobile devices.

* What is a Push page? A Push page gives you instant speedy access to the internet by delivering pre-selected web content directly to the device. To add a Push page slide to the Internet tab and tap Add a new Push page. Tap Menu to configure Push Schedule Settings and Data Settings.

* Is the HTC Touch Pro2 EvDO Rev A enabled? Yes.

* The device's Wi-Fi connection is unstable. What do I do? Check the Wi-Fi network signal quality. Weak signals may cause unstable network connections. You can increase the signal strength by moving closer to the access point. Check the Wi-Fi signal strength by tapping Start > Settings > Communications > Wi-Fi> Advanced. Also, try setting the Power Mode to Best Performance.

* What is Airplane Mode? Airplane Mode turns off all wireless communication abilities to comply with airline regulations.

* How do I connect to a VPN or enter Proxy Server information? To connect to a VPN or enter Proxy Server information tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Connections tab > Connections.

Last edited by mchapman007; 01-21-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuff
Re: Complete Verizon TouchPro 2 Help & How-To

Display:

* How do I adjust the text size on my device? Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Screen > Text Size (tab). Modify the text size as desired.

* How do I adjust the backlight on my device? Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Power > Backlight (tab)

* When navigating programs, my device is not responding accurately to stylus taps. What should I do? Recalibrate the screen. Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Screen, tap Align Screen and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the screen.

* My display/screen's image is inverted, faded or discolored, what can I do to fix it? Perform a soft reset by powering the unit off, pressing the reset button under the battery cover, or removing the battery. If the screen issue persists, back up all information on your device and perform a Hard Reset.

NOTE: A hard reset will remove all information from your device. Make sure to backup all information before performing a hard reset.

* How do I extend the backlight time on my device? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Power > Advanced (tab). Select a longer backlight timeout from the drop-down list.

* Something is wrong with my display; it goes dark after a few minutes of inactivity but my device is still powered on. What is happening? The device is going into hibernation. The device is still powered on and can receive calls, emails, and messages, but the screen has gone to sleep to preserve power. To "wake" the device, simply tap the backlight button on the top right edge of the device.

General and Other:

* How can I optimize the performance of my device? The main reason for device performance decrease is the lack of available memory. You will want to free up more memory so that the device can return to normal function.

This device offers a few options for managing memory.

• There is a shortcut for the Task Manager on the upper right corner of the Today screen that allows you to view programs that are currently running and gives you the option to shut them down to free up memory.
• There is also an X-Button application that allows you to choose what action is taken when the X button is tapped (minimize or close). To access and change these settings, tap the Task Manager shortcut and choose Options (wrench icon) from the drop down. The settings for the X-button can be found on the Button tab.

Note: When the "X" Button is not set to end running programs, tapping the "X" button will only minimize the program and it will still be running in the background using memory and draining battery. This allows you to quickly multi-task between applications.

* How do I link my Facebook account? Tap or press Start > People > All Contacts > Me (My contact card). Scroll to the bottom and tap the Link

* How do I connect to an external display? You need an HTC TV Out cable to be able to connect your device to an external display. The HTC TV Out cable is sold separately.

* How do I remove and replace the back cover? You need to temporarily remove the stylus to be able to remove or replace the back cover. Firmly hold the device with both hands and the front panel facing down. Push the back cover up with your thumbs until it disengages from the device and then slide it up to remove.

* What does a Hard Reset do and how is it performed? A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, 3rd party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, navigate to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Clear Storage. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process will take 5-10 minutes

* How do I use the zoom bar? While browsing websites using Opera, viewing an image in Album, or using other applications that support zooming you can slide your finger back and forth between the + and - icons to zoom in and out.

* When should I perform a Hard Reset? A Hard Reset should only be performed after all other troubleshooting options have been exhausted or if you want to remove everything from your unit at the same time.

* Is there a Select All option on the device? To select all files, select one file and then tap Menu > Edit > Select All.

* How do I move files on my device? Tap Start > All Programs > File Explorer and search for the file you want to move. Tap and hold on the file to open a menu, and then tap Cut. Navigate to the target folder where you want to move the file. On the target folder, tap and hold on an empty space, then tap Paste.

* How do I return to the Home Screen? Press End to return to the Home Screen.

* Where is the Home button? The Home button has been combined with End. To go to the Home screen press End.

* How do I view All Programs? Tap or press Start > All Programs.

* How do I view All Settings? Tap or press Start > Settings >All Settings.

* What is the difference between the Contacts application and People? The Contacts application can still be found by tapping Start > All Programs > Contacts or you can use the revamped and enhanced TouchFLO 3D interface which is called People.

* How can I lock the keys and screen of my device? Tap or press Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Buttons > End Key (tab). Choose Lock device in the radio buttons and tap OK. Press and hold the End key to lock the keys and screen.

* Where is the Start menu? The Start menu has been replaced with the Start screen. When you press or tap Start you will be taken to the newly designed Start screen.

* How do I access the Notifications screen? Tap the icon bar on the top of the screen to access the Notifications screen.

* How do I soft reset my device? What is a soft reset? A soft reset is similar to rebooting a computer. You will not lose any data unless you have unsaved work open. To perform a soft reset, simply insert the stylus into the reset hole under the battery cover.

GPS:

* Does the HTC Touch Pro2 have internal GPS? Yes, the HTC Touch Pro2 supports GPS. You can use GPS with the included VZNav application or most other GPS-enabled applications.

* What is QuickGPS? QuickGPS can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection.

* What is aGPS? aGPS is Assisted Global Positioning System. It was introduced to enhance performance. With conventional GPS systems, it is often difficult to provide reliable positions under poor signal conditions, for example, if you are surrounded by tall buildings (as a result of multipath) or if the satellite signals are weakened when you are indoors or under a tree. Some newer receivers fare better. The aGPS system, consisting of an integrated GPS receiver and network components, boosts performance beyond that of the same receiver in a stand-alone mode.

* What is GPS? GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite-based radio navigation system that consists of three segments - the satellite constellation, ground control network, and user equipment. People use GPS on their mobile devices with navigation software applications such as VZNavigator.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Messaging:

* How many email accounts can my device support? 6 accounts; 1 Exchange and 5 POP3/IMAP4 accounts.

* How do I set up my e-mail? Scroll to the Mail tab in TouchFLO 3D and tap on New Account. If you want to setup a second mailbox, tap Menu > Accounts > New Account. Enter your email address and password and the device will automatically configure your POP3 or IMAP4 email account.

* How do I send an SMS from my device? To create an SMS message, scroll to the Messaging tab of TouchFLO 3D and tap the New Message icon. Enter the 10 digit wireless number or select from your Contacts (Menu > Add Recipient). Enter message text and tap Send.

* What types of email does my device support? Microsoft Exchange, IMAP4 and POP3.

* Can I add my signature when replying to e-mails on my device? In Messaging on your device, tap Menu > Options > Signatures. Select an account and then select Use signature with this account and Use when replying and forwarding. You can then enter a signature.

* How do I set my device to store attachments from received e-mails to the storage card automatically? Tap Start > All Programs > Messaging > Menu > Options > Storage and then select the When available, use this storage card to store attachments check box.

Multimedia:

* What encoding format for video capture is supported?
Still image: JPEG
Video: 3GPP2, H.263, H.264, MPEG4
Burst/Sport: JPEG

* Windows Media Player won't recognize all of the music files that I loaded on my device, why? Your device will only recognize files types that it supports. Below are the supported file types:

Video format supported: WMV, ASF, MP4, AVI, and RM Real Media.
Audio format supported: AMR, AAC, WAV, WMA, MP3

If your device is not recognizing the files, your library may need to be updated. Go to Start > Windows Media > Menu > Update library. This will start a scan that will look for all audio/video files on the device and update the library to show all compatible files.

* How do I access the camera function on my device? Tap on Start > Camera or scroll to the Pictures and Videos tab of TouchFLO 3D and tap the Camera icon to launch the camera.

* How do I change my Camera capture mode? From within the Camera application, tap on the Show Nav button then on Capture Mode button. Choose the desired capture mode.

* I have taken a picture and would now want to send it to my friend, how can I do that? From the camera screen, tap the Send icon and choose the method you want to send the image.

Phone:

* How can I enable the speakerphone? While on a call, simply turn the device over and place it screen down on a table. The device will turn into a speakerphone.

* How do I use the Voice Command software? Press and hold the Talk button to launch Voice Command. Say "Help" for instructions.

* How do I launch the Phone to make a call? Tap the Talk/Send button to launch the Phone application. Simply start dialing numbers using the on screen keyboard. You can also start typing the name of the contact from the home screen or from within the Phone application.

* How can I view/change CDMA or GSM call services and settings? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Phone > CDMA Services or GSM/UMTS Services.

Power and Battery:

* How long should it take to charge my battery? Your battery can take up to 3 hours to fully charge using the AC charger. It will take much longer using the USB as that is the trickle charge function.

* Why does it take so long to charge my device using the USB? The USB cable acts as a trickle charger so it will take longer than if you were using an AC charger. While the USB will work, it is recommended to use the AC charger, especially if the battery level reaches 10% or below.

* How can I optimize my battery’s performance? There are a few settings that you can change on your device that will preserve battery life.

•Turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi if you are not actively using it
oDisable Bluetooth: Tap Start > Comm Manager then tap Bluetooth
oDisable Wi-Fi: Tap Start > Comm Manager then tap Wi-Fi

•Adjust the settings for your Backlight. Lowering the brightness and timeout will decrease battery consumption.
oSteps: Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Backlight

•Turn off any unnecessary audible notifications (email, SMS, etc.)
oSteps: Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications

•Customize your push email synchronization interval. Manual synchronization will save the most battery life while As Items Arrive will drain the battery more quickly.
oSteps: Go to Start > ActiveSync > Menu > Schedule

•Stop unnecessary programs that are running in the background or soft reset the device periodically.
o Stop running programs: Tap the Task Manager shortcut (drop down icon in the upper right corner of the Today screen). Select desired action from drop down menu.
o Soft reset the device: Insert the stylus into the reset hole located on the bottom of the device.

* Why won’t my device power on? Your battery may be drained or is not seated correctly. Try removing and reinserting the battery. If no success, try charging the device using the AC Charger. You will see an amber light while charging. Once charged, it changes to a green light.

NOTE: The End/Hang-up button is the power button on the Touch Pro2 for Verizon. The button on the top edge of the device simply controls the backlight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Settings:

* Tapping the "X" icon in a program simply closes the program screen but the program continues to run on my device. How can I change the settings so that I can end a program by tapping the "X" icon? Tap Start > Settings > System Tab > Task Manager > Button tab and select End programs by tapping "X"

* How do I customize the TouchFLO Home screen tabs? Tap or press Start > Settings > Customize tabs. Uncheck to remove the tab and tab and drag the icon on the left to rearrange.

* How do I set the device password? To set the device password Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal tab > Lock to set a device password.

* How do I modify my Date and Time settings? You can modify the Time Zone, Date, and Time on your device by going to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Clock & Alarm. You can also tap on the clock on the home screen. You also have the option to set the device to automatically obtain this information from the wireless network by going to Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Phone > CDMA Services (tab) > Time Synchronization.

* Where do I see the Standby time, Talk time and Device usage since last full charge? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Power > Information (tab).

Storage Card:

* What are the options for external memory for my device? The HTC Touch Pro2 supports up to 16gb microSD memory cards.

* What type and size MicroSD storage cards can I use? Currently the MicroSD card supports 2.0 SDHC compatibility.

* Where do I put the microSD card? Remove the back cover of the device and place the microSD card inside the slot along the right edge of the device.

Synchronization:

* Is it possible to sync data wirelessly without a data connection? Yes, you can use Bluetooth to sync with your PC via ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center or another device which also supports Bluetooth. It is also possible to sync directly with an Exchange Server.

* What options do I have to connect my device to a computer using USB? You can connect the device to a computer using USB either as an External Drive or through Microsoft ActiveSync. If using Windows Vista, you will use Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) rather than ActiveSync. Simply plug the device in and choose an option on the screen of the device.

* ActiveSync is not recognizing my device, what should I do? Be sure that you have not connected your device to your PC before you installed ActiveSync. If you did plug in your device before installing, uninstall ActiveSync and start the process over ensuring that you do not plug your device in until after ActiveSync has been installed. If using Windows Vista, the same applies for Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

Verify that your device is recognized by your PC in the Device Manager; if it is not, resolve that issue first.

Verify you are using the USB cable supplied with your HTC Touch Pro2.

Unplug your device from the PC for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

Perform a Soft reset on the device while it is plugged into the PC.

On the device, go to Start > Settings >All Settings > Connections > USB to PC and uncheck the Enable faster data synchronization box.

* I want to sync my device with my MAC, am I able to use ActiveSync to do this? ActiveSync is not compatible with Macintosh computers. While you will be unable to use ActiveSync, there is 3rd party software that allows synchronization between Windows Mobile Devices and a Macintosh. Please also note while you may not be able to synchronize your PIM information with your Macintosh computer / applications, you can transfer files such as music, movies, photos, etc. to your HTC Touch Pro2 by using a the USB cable and setting your Touch Pro2 to Disk Drive mode (Start > Settings >All Settings > Connections > USB-to-PC). This will enable the microSD card inside the Touch Pro2 to be utilized like a USB thumb drive.

* How do I install Microsoft ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC)? Insert the "Getting Started" CD that came with your device into your PC and follow the prompts.

Note: The disk will detect what operating system you have and what sync software you have loaded. If you already have ActiveSync installed on your PC, it will not give you an option to install it from the disk (same for WMDC) until it has been removed from your PC.

* I lost the CD that came with my device, where can I get a copy of ActiveSync/WMDC? ActiveSync is a free download that can be found on the Microsoft website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/default.mspx

* How do I set up ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center? Once ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center is installed and your device is connected to your PC, you will be presented a configuration Wizard that will take you through the set up.

System:

* How do I perform a soft reset?Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all programs. This is useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost. Pull out the stylus and remove the back cover. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel.

* How to I ensure my HTC Touch Pro2 software is up to date? Visit www.vzw.com and check the Support section for your product. You will find upgrade instructions and software if one is available for your device.

* How do I perform a hard reset from within the OS? A hard reset will restore the device to the original factory settings deleting any programs or settings you have installed. To perform a hard reset within the device tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Clear Storage.

* What is a G-Sensor? A G-Sensor is an accelerometer and measures the forces that act on it and allows for auto screen rotation and other device enhancements. To access G-Sensor settings tap or press Start > Settings > G-Sensor to adjust screen rotation and calibration settings.

* How do I remove and add programs from the Start screen? From the Start screen tap any empty icon showing + to add an application. Tap Remove to show those programs that can be removed. They will have an X in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Tap the X to remove the program from the Start screen.

* How do I check the device information? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Device Information to check the ROM version, ROM date, Radio version, Protocol version, and other hardware information.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tips and Tricks:

* On the Home Screen:

Return to home screen from any other screen
Close out running applications or press the End key

Make a call
Press Send key or simply start typing the name/number of the desired contact

View missed calls
Tap on X Missed Calls

View and check voicemail
Tap on X New Voicemails

View upcoming appointments
Appointments show below the Call History and Calendar. You can also tap on Calendar or scroll to the Calendar tab of TouchFLO 3D.

Create a new appointment
Scroll to the Calendar tab of TouchFLO 3D and tap Menu > New

View unread messages
Scroll to the Messaging tab of TouchFLO 3D

View unread emails
Scroll to the Email tab of TouchFLO 3D

To configure weather pane
Scroll to the Weather tab of TouchFLO 3D and view options under Menu

Switch between the different tabs of TouchFLO 3D
Tap and hold on the active tab, then slide your finger across the face of the touch screen left-to-right or right-to-left, or tap and hold on the active tab then drag your finger across the icons on the screen. You can also simply tap on the desired tab.

See the menu of programs, applications and settings
Tap Start

Customize TouchFLO 3Ds background image
Slide to Settings in TouchFLO 3D and tap Wallpaper

Move cursor or highlight items on the screen
Use the center navigation key or tap on the screen

Access the System Status screen
Tap anywhere on the Notification area next to the Start button at the top of the screen (data indicator, signal bars, speaker, battery, etc)

Dismiss notifications (alarm, reminders, new message indicator, etc)
Access the System Status screen then tap on the notification to view and dismiss it

View TouchFLO 3D in landscape mode
Slide the keyboard open and TouchFLO 3D will rotate to landscape mode

* Attachments:

Download an individual attachment
Select the individual attachment from the list of attachments

Save downloaded attachment
Open the attachment. Save from the Menu

Attach a file to e-mail message
Tap Menu > Insert > File

Attach a picture to e-mail message
Tap Menu > Insert > Picture

* Browser:

Clear the browser cache
Select Menu > Settings > Privacy > Delete Cache

Zoom in or out in Opera
Use the Zoom Bar just below the bottom edge of the screen to zoom in/out

Open the default web browser
Slide to the Internet tab of TouchFLO 3D and tap Launch Browser

Browse to Web address
Type in Web address in the address bar that appears at top of screen.

Set a homepage
In Opera tap the Menu icon > Settings and select your homepage in the Start Page section In Internet Explorer, browse to the desired homepage and tap Menu > Tools > Options > General (tab) -- then to use the displayed page as the homepage, tap Use Current

Rotate the screen to landscape view
Simply rotate the device lengthwise or open the keyboard

View different parts of the webpage
Tap and hold your finger on the touch screen and drag around the page

* Typing:

Capitalize a letter
Press CAPS/Shift key

Type alternate character on a key
Press FN key and select the symbol on the keyboard

Insert @ in an e-mail field
Press FN and 2

Turn on CAP lock
Press the CAPS key twice

Turn off CAP lock
Press the CAPS key once

Access symbols not found as an alternate character
Press the SYM key then choose the desired symbol

* General Tips:

Reboot (soft reset)
Press the red Reset button under the battery cover

Charge the device
Use the AC adaptor supplied with the device. Use the USB cable as a backup.

Lock the device
Press the Backlight button

Turn Flight mode on/off
From Comm Manager tap Airplane Mode

Adjust volume
Use the Up/Down Volume button located on the left side of the device.

Stop an individual task
Tap the Task Manager icon on the home screen and press the X next to the individual task you want to stop

Stop running programs
Tap the Task Manager icon on the home screen and press the multiple X button

Connect a Bluetooth headset to my device
Tap Start > Settings > Communications and Add new Bluetooth headset.

Change the video recording format of the Camera
In Video mode tap the Options menu icon then tap the Settings icon > Advanced > Capture Format

Set the device password
Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal tab > Lock to set a device password.

Adjust the size of text on my device
Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Screen > Text Size (tab) to change the text size

Adjust the backlight time on my device
Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Power > Advanced (tab)

Check the software version of my device
Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Device Information to check the ROM version, ROM date, Radio version, Protocol version, and other hardware information.

* Phone Features:

Smart Dialer
From the home screen, simply start typing the name or number of the desired contact

Call selected name or phone number
Press Send key (green button) or tap on the desired name or number

Call a speed dial number
Tap and hold assigned number button

Call voice mail access number
Tap and hold (1) button

Turn mute on/off during call
Tap Mute in the Call Status screen

Change volume during call
Use Volume Up/Down key located on the left side of the device.

Open phone dialer
Press Send key

View phone call logs
While in the Phone application, tap Menu > Call History

Silence an incoming call
Tap the Mute Ring icon on screen, or simply turn the device over on its face

Place a call using Voice Command software
Tap and hold the Phone button until you hear the beep -- clearly say "Call contact"

Enable the speakerphone
Turn the device over on the screen or tap the Speaker button in the Call Status screen

Enable noise cancellation
Tap Menu > Noise Reduction On

* Calendar:

Access Calendar application
Scroll to the Calendar tab of TouchFLO 3D

Create an appointment
Select Menu > New

Move to next day or month
Move your finger up/down on the Calendar tab to move the day or month

* Navigating Screens:

Go to Menu
Press the Menu softkey

Move Cursor
Use the arrow buttons on the keyboard

Exit a screen
Press the X or OK button in the upper right corner, or press the Back Arrow key

Click an icon or menu item
Press the Enter key on the keyboard

Return to home screen from any other screen
Press End Call button

Use Messaging application
Select Start > Messaging or scroll to the Messaging or Mail tab in TouchFLO 3D

Open a message
Tap on the desired message

Compose message
Select Menu then New

Reply to message
Tap Menu > Reply

Forward message
Select Menu > Forward

Reply to all
Select Menu > Reply All

Turn on / off "direct push" e-mail
Access the Comm Manager then select Direct Push
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Safety Information

Do Not Use The PC Functions Of Your Pocket PC While Driving Or Walking

Never use the personal computer functions of your device while driving an automobile or any other moving
vehicle. Always pull out of traffic and come to a stop in a legally permissible and safe location before using your
device. Failure to do so could result in serious bodily injury in a traffic accident.
When driving:
  • Always secure your device in its leather pouch.
  • Never place your device on the passenger seat or anyplace else in the car where it can become a
    projectile during a collision or stop.
  • An air bag inflates with great force. DO NOT place objects, including either installed or portable
    wireless equipment, in the area over the air bag or in the air bag deployment area. If in-vehicle wireless
    equipment is improperly installed and the air bag inflates, serious injury could result.
Never store or transport flammable liquids, gases or explosive materials in the same compartment of your
automobile as the device or any of its accessories, as possible sparking in the device could cause ignition or
explosion.
Never use your device while walking. Usage while walking could result in bodily injury caused by inattention to
automobile traffic or other pedestrian hazards.

Using The Phone Function Of Your Pocket PC While Driving Is Extremely Dangerous

Talking on or using your device while driving is extremely dangerous and is illegal in some states. Remember,
safety comes first. Check the laws and regulations on the use of phones in the areas where you drive. Always
obey them.
If you must use the phone function while driving, please:
  • Give full attention to driving. Driving safely is your first responsibility.
  • Use hands-free operation and/or one-touch, speed dialing, and auto answer modes.
  • Pull off the road and park before making or answering a call.

When Using Your Device Near Other Electronic Devices

Your wireless handheld portable device is a low power radio transmitter and receiver. When it is ON, it receives
and also sends out radio frequency (RF) signals.
Most modern electronic equipment is shielded from RF energy. However, certain electronic equipment may not
be shielded against the RF signals from your wireless device; therefore, use of your device must be restricted in
certain situations.
In addition, the computer portion of your device produces low levels of RF energy due to the generation of
digital timing pulses by its clock oscillator circuits. Your device has been equipped with internal shielding
to minimize stray emissions of RF energy. However, use of the computer functions of your device must be
restricted in certain situations.

Battery Safety

Your device uses a removable and rechargeable lithium ion battery. Please contact customer service for
assistance should you need a replacement battery.

DO's:
  • Only use the battery and charger approved by the manufacturer.
  • Only use the battery for its original purpose.
  • Try to keep batteries in a temperature between 41°F (5°C) and 95°F (35°C).
  • If the battery is stored in temperatures above or below the recommended range, give it time to warm up
    or cool down before using.
  • Completely drain the battery before recharging. It may take one to four days to completely drain.
  • Store the discharged battery in a cool, dark, and dry place.
  • Purchase a new battery when its operating time gradually decreases after fully charging.
  • Properly dispose of the battery according to local regulations.
DON'Ts
  • Don’t attempt to disassemble the battery – it is a sealed unit with no serviceable parts.
  • Don’t expose the battery terminals to any other metal object (e.g., by carrying it in your pocket or purse
    with other metallic objects such as coins, clips and pens). This can short circuit and critically damage the
    battery.
  • Don’t leave the battery in hot or cold temps. Otherwise, it could significantly reduce the capacity and
    lifetime of the battery.
  • Don’t dispose of the battery into a fire.
Lithium ion batteries are recyclable. When you replace the removable battery, please request the repair center
to recycle the battery in accordance with RBRC standards. When disposing of the battery by yourself, please call
RBRC at (800) 822-8837 for proper disposal tips.
Never touch any fluid that might leak from the built-in battery. Such liquid when in contact with the eyes or
skin, could cause injury to the skin or eyes. Should the liquid come into contact with the eyes, irrigate the
eyes thoroughly with clean water and immediately seek medical attention. In the event the liquid comes into
contact with the skin or clothing, wash it away immediately with clean water.

General Safety

Your pocket PC is a high quality piece of equipment. Before operating, read all instructions and cautionary
markings on the product, battery and adapter/charger.
Failure to follow the directions below could result in serious bodily injury and/or property damage due to
battery liquid leakage, fire or rupture.
DO NOT use or store this equipment in a place where it will be exposed to high temperatures, such as near an
open flame or heat-emitting equipment.
DO NOT drop your device or subject it to severe shock. When not using, lay down the unit to avoid possible
damage due to instability.
DO NOT expose this equipment to rain or spilled beverages.
DO NOT use unauthorized accessories.
DO NOT disassemble the device or its accessories. If service or repair is required, return unit to an authorized
cellular service center. If the unit is disassembled, the risk of electric shock or fire may result.
Never allow metallic objects, such as staples and paper clips, to get into the inside of your device.
Never touch the liquid that might leak from a broken liquid crystal display. Contact with this liquid could cause
a skin rash. If the crystal display liquid should come into contact with the skin or clothing, wash it immediately
with clean water.
In the event that the device emits an unusual odor or sound or generates smoke, immediately disconnect the
AC adapter from the power outlet, then detach the battery.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

isnt this just a direct copy of the official htc help and how to with the q and a pasted together???????
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...cellular/help/
Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
isnt this just a direct copy of the official htc help and how to with the q and a pasted together???????
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...cellular/help/
Yes it is but now you don't have to go there.. PPCGeeks is where it's at....
Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchapman007 View Post
Yes it is but now you don't have to go there.. PPCGeeks is where it's at....
i luvs me some ppcgeeks.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i luvs me some ppcgeeks.
Who doesn't love PPCGeeks??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
verizon