PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
wifi router not working

hey guys i hope someone can help me...

i have a sprint touch pro 2 running the stock sprint rom. evrything was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. i did a hard reset added my contacts back and started from scratch. everything works fine now but i have one problem.

i cant get wifi router to work.

it used to work prefectly and smoothly but now... when i go to the program it launches fine but when i scan w/my pc for wifi networks it never finds it. i also tried scanning with my laptop and still... nothing! it used to work fine but now its not. everything is the same as it was b4 the only differnece is that right after my hard reset i installed touch pro 2 clean up by goodthings 2life. i read thru it and i dont see anything in it that would cause this program not to work can some please help me?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: wifi router not working

Happens to me every so often, Have you tried to update Data profile and or change the name and the WEP number?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Happens to me every so often, Have you tried to update Data profile and or change the name and the WEP number?
yes sir... i have changed the name of my network... changed the 10 digit key tried to run update profile (update profile prl and firmware never worked for me) please help me! lol
Old 01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Have you tried to uninstall it then reinstall it? Then power off both the PC/laptop and soft reset the phone as well.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

thats next... im at work posting on ppcgeeks from my tp2 as soon as i get home im gonna reinstall it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2