PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need to update HardSPL? Why is it detected as a virus? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107026)

av0 01-19-2010 12:00 PM

Need to update HardSPL? Why is it detected as a virus?

I own a Sprint TP2. I used the all-in-one world unlocker form HTC Unlocks, which used the "Oliex" (or whatever) version 1.0 with the radio flash also...security unlock...and the whole nine yards. There seems to be a newer version "V1_10R3". Should I upgrade the bootloader? Will it make any difference? Why is it detected as a trojan by Avira?

readygo02 01-19-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Need to update HardSPL? Why is it detected as a virus?

Any program that uses ports on your computer is going to be picked up as a trojan depending on the antivirus that you are using, if you downloaded it from a reliable source ignore the warning and you'll be fine.

Hypnotic2010 01-19-2010 12:40 PM

quoted from Cmonex 1rst POST on the unlocker.. says ...

"important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings. "
Thanks

av0 01-19-2010 04:38 PM

thank you for your replies however my question is still unaswered: should i update my HardSPL? BTW my firewall isnt complaining..I see the ports RUU is using. Avira detecs a Trojan signature. There is no reason for that. This is not a packer its a trojan. I know the difference, however if any of these chefs have malicious intentions theyd write their own code if they're smart so they remain undetected until caught.

helix139 01-19-2010 04:54 PM

The bundled DRM on their unlocker is basically a trojan to prevent anyone from being able to get to the NBH file and RUU.

Hypnotic2010 01-19-2010 05:01 PM

You are making it sound as if your not too sure what a hard spl is. If so you should read the thread. But in a nutshell, you need to flash the hard spl to allow the flashing of custom roms.

av0 01-19-2010 05:02 PM

thank you for your time.. now, should I update my bootloader or not?

readygo02 01-19-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by av0 (Post 1502083)
thank you for your time.. now, should I update my bootloader or not?

everyone is basically saying the same thing.

YES, Do the update

Hypnotic2010 01-19-2010 05:12 PM

Bootloader..no.

Earmuffs 01-20-2010 06:12 AM

Please dont reply to this post as it will only serve to take things further off topic

WOW, ok trying very hard to not sound rude but dude was very clear about wanting to know whether or not to update his boot loader. He had to ask twice after the trojen question was answered. Please read more carefully treads like these can get ugly fast. I dont know the answer to either but I thought I should put in my two cents.