PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:55 AM
BrandyB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

Hi there ... newbie who got herself stuck playing with ROMs.

I have a Verizon TP2, unlocked to work on T-Mobile. I know that it was successfully unlocked, because I've been using my phone to get calls, SMS, email, and internet for about a week. Oh, and I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, if that makes any difference.

At first, after flashing to HardSPL (or attempting to, anyway), I then went on to try and flash to this ROM as suggested along the way to installing this ROM. I may not have done a proper check that the HardSPL was successful, because it actually didn't change anything on my phone once I did the flash; the screen and settings looked exactly like they'd done before, and I placed a call using the phone to see if it was still functioning on T-Mobile (it was). After making the phone call, I went on to download and install the World Unlocked radio, and got stuck in bootloader.

I proceeded to download a stock Verizon TP2 ROM from here based on suggestions from the forums to go back to a stock ROM. That got me out of the bootloader, but landed me at the HTC splash screen, which I've been staring at on and off again ever since. I've tried a hard reset (removing the battery, end/power + send/talk + volume down, then volume up to reset to factory defaults); putting myself back in bootloader (removing the battery, end/power + volume down) and trying to reload the first stock ROM I downloaded; re-downloading the ROM file; downloading a different file for the stock ROM (last one listed under Verizon); and talking to it very, very nicely. Still no joy.

Anyone have suggestions? I tried to detail what I did as thoroughly as possible, to make my issue easier to diagnose. My phone clearly isn't bricked, but it's not really doing much else useful. All help appreciated!!

PS. Once I get this sorted out, if anyone knows of a ROM that's been cooked specifically for the Verizon TP2/T-Mobile network combination, I'd love to be pointed toward it. Thanks!

Last edited by BrandyB; 10-02-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: changed to mention my OS, in case it's important
Old 10-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyB View Post
Hi there ... newbie who got herself stuck playing with ROMs.

I have a Verizon TP2, unlocked to work on T-Mobile. I know that it was successfully unlocked, because I've been using my phone to get calls, SMS, email, and internet for about a week. Oh, and I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, if that makes any difference.

At first, after flashing to HardSPL (or attempting to, anyway), I then went on to try and flash to this ROM as suggested along the way to installing this ROM. I may not have done a proper check that the HardSPL was successful, because it actually didn't change anything on my phone once I did the flash; the screen and settings looked exactly like they'd done before, and I placed a call using the phone to see if it was still functioning on T-Mobile (it was). After making the phone call, I went on to download and install the World Unlocked radio, and got stuck in bootloader.

I proceeded to download a stock Verizon TP2 ROM from here based on suggestions from the forums to go back to a stock ROM. That got me out of the bootloader, but landed me at the HTC splash screen, which I've been staring at on and off again ever since. I've tried a hard reset (removing the battery, end/power + send/talk + volume down, then volume up to reset to factory defaults); putting myself back in bootloader (removing the battery, end/power + volume down) and trying to reload the first stock ROM I downloaded; re-downloading the ROM file; downloading a different file for the stock ROM (last one listed under Verizon); and talking to it very, very nicely. Still no joy.

Anyone have suggestions? I tried to detail what I did as thoroughly as possible, to make my issue easier to diagnose. My phone clearly isn't bricked, but it's not really doing much else useful. All help appreciated!!

PS. Once I get this sorted out, if anyone knows of a ROM that's been cooked specifically for the Verizon TP2/T-Mobile network combination, I'd love to be pointed toward it. Thanks!
First download this rom to your pc:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%20...58002_Ship.exe

Then put your device in bootloader and connect your cable to your pc and toward the bottom it shouls change from serial to read USB. Then start the exe rom you downloaded to flash it back to the shipped rom.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 PM
BrandyB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Stuck at black "Touch Pro2" screen after flash? Read this.

Brilliant! Thank you; my phone is now functional again. Any suggestions for how I should proceed if I want to get the ROM I was initially aiming for successfully installed?
Old 10-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyB
Brilliant! Thank you; my phone is now functional again. Any suggestions for how I should proceed if I want to get the ROM I was initially aiming for successfully installed?
OK first of all, if you want to flash a custom rom you have to hspl unlock by running the unlocker.
Now you said your phone is unlocked but since you have been making calls on T-Mobile(in the US I presume) then you must be SIM unlocked.
Put your device in bootloader and copy down what it says and then post it here and also tell me what you want to do and we can figure out what to do next.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
brick, flash