PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Video Recording/Playback Quality

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping y'all can help me out.... I have been researching on and off for a good bit and cannot find a definitive or satisfactory answer to my query via search engines on the internet.... I have a TP2 (Sprint) and am wondering which of the different video-recording settings are the best quality or what the benefits are to each... The settings are:
H.263
3GPP2
MPEG4
H.264

With the wealth of knowledge between everyone here on the forum, I know someone will have the answer!

Thank you, guys!!

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Best Video Recording/Playback Quality

I have test out every video settings out there..and have found the best. I used DVD Catalyst 3.84.1 it's the best convert out there only $10 worth it! H264 is absolutely the best! It's what they use for Blu Ray's. You have to fine thee best settings for smooth frame rate. You must have a CLASS 6 memory Card! And play it in your album. I used the following settings that work best for me on my TP2:
1. for movie with aspect ratio of 2.35, 624x416, 400bitrate, 2 passes, mono at 64kbps for sound.
2.for movies with aspect ratio of 1.85, 584x328, 400bitrate, 2 passes, mono at 64kbps for sound.

Ps these settings only work if you don't like your movies cropped. I hate cropping movies.
enjoy! Mike

Last edited by pimpol10; 01-19-2010 at 05:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 1/2, 6800, 6700, Palm 650, Moto Q, Krzr

robertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good work

I think he means what is the best setting for Recording Video
with the camera in the phone I honestly dont know tho
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
I used DVD Catalyst 3.84.1 it's the best convert out there only $10 worth it! H264 is absolutely the best!
I agree, h.264 is absolutely the best.

I use both DVD Catalyst & CuCusoft Ultimate DVD convertor. I prefer the CuCusoft program to Catalyst although both get the job done just fine.

~John
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Robb Bates is a n00b

If you're adventurous, you can look at some registry settings. I started playing with them. I didn't get too in depth, but I did change the bitrate and the framerate for the VGA mp4. It did look better, but if you crank it up too far it starts freaking out.

Robb
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Thanks for all the info, guys!!

Any idea as to any other registry edits that might be made? I've played with a few, but am curious as to what y'all might have discovered...

Thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2