PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.1 start menu

I know I've seen this before, but I can't find it with any search (probably searching the wrong terms). What's the name of the cab that brings back the 6.1 drop down start menu?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 6.1 start menu

your probably looking for Quick Menu http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...menu-v2-7.html

You can also try Awesome Start Menu http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631 . Its a pretty nice program
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

Last edited by mikejones13; 01-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I know I've seen this before, but I can't find it with any search (probably searching the wrong terms). What's the name of the cab that brings back the 6.1 drop down start menu?
if you're looking for the orignal win 6.1 start menu as opposed to the manilla start menu, i haven't seen a cab for it but I just do the registry edit to get it back. here are the instructions:
http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/di...nd2-touch-pro2

hope that helps

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

most requested cab ever?
also adds programs tab to tf3d
Attached Files
File Type: cab DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab (19.6 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
most requested cab ever?
wow... if that works, it would have saved me so many headaches when i was running stock!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
most requested cab ever?
What exactly does this do again?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
What exactly does this do again?

It adds a TF tab for programs (although it is call favs or something like that IIRC)

It also brings back the cascading 6.1 start menu. It works super.

I am running manila 2..5 now so I'm not using it, but it worked super when I had the stock ROM running.

Here is "awesome start menu" which is what I use now:

~John
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Along these lines, I generally like TF3D on my WM6.1 Stock ROM. My main dissatisfaction is the fact that the Start Menu shows only 30 Items, and then I have to go to "All" and scroll through everything to find the one I want.

What I would like is the ability to add a "Folder" rather than an "App" to the Start Menu, that would allow me to categorize my Apps and make them dramatically more accessible. Selecting one of these Folders would then bring up a listing of just those apps that I have put there. Having these in the similar 10x3 arrangement of the initial Start Menu in TF3D would be ideal, but a simple listing would work also.

Is there a way to accomplish this without too much difficulty? I know Mobile Shell and other launchers will replace the entire interface, but I would prefer to keep what I have in the default TF3D, but just tweak it a little to be more functional.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post

What I would like is the ability to add a "Folder" rather than an "App" to the Start Menu, .
That's easy Don, hook the phone to your LT with ActiveSync.

Then go to Windows/Start menu/Programs. Once you're in there, right click & create a new folder & name it whatever you want (you can see the one I created called "applications", I have all my most used everyday apps listed in there so I can get to them in one click with no scrolling))

Then drag/copy whatever existing shortcuts from outside the folder into it. After that, I usually delete the original shortcut.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 01-19-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

adrock1154 is a n00b

Quick question, maybe someone can help me out...

If I have customized icons for my slider, will the programs tab not match?

And if so, is there a way to fix this? I really enjoy the drop down menu

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2