PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro 2 arrived without a SIM - PITA!

My wife and I received our TP2's today. Hers was ordered online under our SERO plan as an upgrade. Mine was sent because I took my TP1 to the store (40 miles away) for a repair and they said it had to be replaced but they had none in stock. Thus far, no complaints.

The odd thing is that my wife's phone arrived with a SIM in place, which is correct. Mine has no SIM and there's none anywhere in the tiny box.

I've tried Chat support, who said I needed to phone Order Support, who said I had to talk to Telesales. Telesales says I have to go to the store. Both Order Support and Telesales say I'll have to get a whole new phone in order to get a SIM. Neither thinks they can actually make this happen, so it looks as if I have to trudge back to the store an hour away and get a new phone.

Of course, they had none in stock in the first place, so what'll really happen is I'll drive over there, be told they'll send one, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds crazy?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 arrived without a SIM - PITA!

I also got a tp1 replaced with a refurb tp2 and I didn't get a sim card with mine either, I don't think anyone who got a replacement tp2 got a sim card unless it was a brand new device.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sharklvr7 is a n00b

If your on the sprint network do you really need the SIM unless your traveling overseas or want to change the network your phone operates on?

Jack Nicklaus
Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Regardless of whether it's a replacement or not, I would think that it would still come with one, even if they had to put a brand new one in it. Even if you're not traveling overseas, it should come with a SIM card IMO.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work

I didn't even get a charger, all I got was the phone and the battery. But it's all good for the price of "free" I can't complain.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 arrived without a SIM - PITA!

This happened to a friend of mine who had the Sprint Blackberry 8330 world phone. She put an international calling plan onto her account and activated her SIM card a few days before leaving. She also checked the day before leaving that her SIM card was active and was told by the Sprint rep that all things were OK.

She flew overseas, powered on her phone and... could not find a cell tower. It turns out that her phone had no SIM card: this was the way it was given to her by Sprint. While we were trying to figure out why her phone wasn't working, I called Sprint, who confirmed that her SIM should be operating properly. It took another 30 minutes to figure out that there was no SIM in the phone.

My friend dropped Sprint as soon as she returned home since her contract expired by then.

---
sunNsnow
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

replacement phones dont come with a sim card, NIB (new in box) do come with one (your wifes?)
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

you're on sprint. no need for a sim car. what would a bblank sim card do for you? if you travel overseas you get one there. in the US, the sim card has no advantage for you.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

DAD-PC is a n00b

Yup, no need for the sim card. I've got an old att card in my Sprint touch pro 2 now, so I never have to worry about losing my contacts or having to resync. That sim cards just for international use, and its cheaper to use the local phone companies in europe than pay for a sprint international plan. So unless you desperately want it for the foreign plan, i wouldn't waste the two hour drive.

And they take the SIM out of refurbs because it may be active on the return account, if they activated the International plan before returning the phone. As to not putting one back in, just a way to make/save money.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklvr7 View Post
If your on the sprint network do you really need the SIM unless your traveling overseas or want to change the network your phone operates on?
No. However, I will be traveling overseas in a few weeks.

I can easily use the SIM I already have for a carrier in the area to which I'll be traveling. The strange part, to me, is that by not supplying a SIM Sprint is guaranteeing that I won't be able to use their international roaming service.

Why would they want to ensure there's no way I can contribute to their revenue while out of CDMA coverage? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2