PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 arrived without a SIM - PITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
Another thing, when you say it is world unlocked, does this mean I am SIM unlocked and can use any SIM? Like T-Mobile/ ATT etc. I figure it's not the same, but no harm in asking.
you have to security unlock to be sim unlocked. you said you were traveling abroad, i don't think that means canada lol!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Where do you suggest getting a card for Canada (Toronto)? From what I have seen online, it would be cheaper to just use the Sprint $2.99 package and .20 a minute.

Another thing, when you say it is world unlocked, does this mean I am SIM unlocked and can use any SIM? Like T-Mobile/ ATT etc. I figure it's not the same, but no harm in asking.
i beleive your right but to use us gsm sim cards on cdma tp2, you need to flash to a WU radio.
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunNsnow View Post
This happened to a friend of mine who had the Sprint Blackberry 8330 world phone. She put an international calling plan onto her account and activated her SIM card a few days before leaving. She also checked the day before leaving that her SIM card was active and was told by the Sprint rep that all things were OK.

She flew overseas, powered on her phone and... could not find a cell tower. It turns out that her phone had no SIM card: this was the way it was given to her by Sprint. While we were trying to figure out why her phone wasn't working, I called Sprint, who confirmed that her SIM should be operating properly. It took another 30 minutes to figure out that there was no SIM in the phone.

My friend dropped Sprint as soon as she returned home since her contract expired by then.

---
sunNsnow
How did she give them a SIM number if there was no SIM in the phone? I fail to see how it's Sprint's fault for activating a number she gave them, and she failed to put the SIM in her phone.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Refurb phones come with nothing. No charger, SIM, SD, most times not even a battery. 99% of the time its a replacement for a phone you currently have, so they dont send it. Id assume its a cost measurement
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Where do you suggest getting a card for Canada (Toronto)? From what I have seen online, it would be cheaper to just use the Sprint $2.99 package and .20 a minute.

Sprint CDMA roaming is VERY cheap. Especially in Canada where I travel a lot. Using Sprint CDMA roaming is far cheaper than domestic wireless service in Canada so you won't find a better deal than the one you just mentioned.

That being said, Sprint GSM roaming does NOT work in Canada (using the Sprint SIM) since Sprint has great CDMA roaming agreements in place. You can only use Sprint GSM roaming in countries that don't have good or any CDMA coverage, like the UK. When you look at Sprint's GSM roaming and CDMA roaming costs you'll see the major difference. The cost to roam in London last time I looked was well over $1.50 a minute with no "discount" plan on the table.

Although I doubt this is Sprint's fault seeing as how GSM roaming between AT&T or T-Mobile and Canadian carriers even is very expensive. It leads me to believe that GSM roaming, irrespective of carrier, is very expensive. As a result, when you are GSM roaming it is more than likely far cheaper to use a local SIM and not the Sprint International SIM. I'm sure that's why Sprint shipped it SIM unlocked as well. The included SIM allows the simplicity for the folks that just "want it to work" and the unlocked nature allows the more savvy customers to get the better rate.

Since GSM roaming isn't and probably never will be a major part of Sprint's business they are probably only adding it to keep up with Verizon and AT&T.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

refurbed phones dont come with the SIM card for sprint. it says it on the little screen protector when you first get the phone that you have to contact either a sprint website or phone number if you plan on using it global. mine came with one..its not really of any use so far..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2