PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mutti_wilson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Lock rhyme or reason

My screen lock is driving me nuts. It seems completely random on when it decides to lock. I will call someone and it will be unlocked and when I hang up it's locked. I sometimes turn the screen off unlocked and when I turn it on, it's locked or vice versa. Can I just turn the screen off and disable the lock completely? I'm not seeing an option for it.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro by HTC
Carrier: sprint

tmamayek is a n00b
Re: Screen Lock rhyme or reason

I agree. I put the phone on lock by holding down the "edn" key for a few seconds. I put it in my holster, and then when i take it back out, i realize it's either called people, started applications, or something else.
The funny part is, when i put it in lock, and hold my hand against it in multiple combinations, I can't unlock it, but my holster automatically does?

I miss the old keyguard feature on my old phone.
I don't want to have to enter in a pw every time i use the phone, so that's not an option for me.

Anyone else have any ideas to help us? I'm sure we're not the only ones with these issues.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmamayek View Post
I agree. I put the phone on lock by holding down the "edn" key for a few seconds. I put it in my holster, and then when i take it back out, i realize it's either called people, started applications, or something else.
The funny part is, when i put it in lock, and hold my hand against it in multiple combinations, I can't unlock it, but my holster automatically does?

I don't want to have to enter in a pw every time i use the phone, so that's not an option for me.

Anyone else have any ideas to help us? I'm sure we're not the only ones with these issues.
I believe there is a issue with magnetic flip turning the phone on. I am using pocketshield and it work s great. it is is perfect for people using holster with magnetic flip
Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmamayek View Post

Most definitely is the magnet's fault. If you put the bottom of the phone (screen facing) towards the magnet, it'll go "landscape" for a second and unlock. It is believed that's how the TP2 tells if the phone is open or not (magnetic enclosure).

The free choices are S2U2 or the phone's default password system (I used S2U2 originally but found that the password system can be overidden if you have a key that is mapped to open a program after a long press- program opens but when you close it, S2U2 is still asking for a password).

Pocketshield is alright..but not what I want. Gesture unlocking isn't sensitive at normal and too sensitive at high. The light unlocking is pointless since my phone is exposed to light half the day and I don't want it unlocking when I sit down at my desk and put it on the table (I work in a lab). Lastly the touch unlock is sliding the slider down...but what's the difference besides sliding down and sliding across- might as well use S2U2.

I currently use the password unlock because it keeps my stuff safe and doesn't unlock even with the magnet.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

christopher418 is a n00b

I just bought a new TP2 and I'm having problems with my phone calling people when it's in my pocket. Are there any updated screen locks (without the password) that can be used. Perhaps something very simple?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2