PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do I get office cameras on TP2?

I just bought a logitech camera package that allows me to stream video offsite for viewing my office, BUT is won't work on my TP2 >_<

Can someone please help me know how I can get multiple video camera angles on my TP2 of my office. I would really love it if I could get sound too. Thanks.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: how do I get office cameras on TP2?

whats up bro? i gotcha on this one i think, lemme see if i can find it. my girl uses one on her tp2 at hospital she works at.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

You didn't provide much detail. Are you trying to connect directly with your camera? If that's the case, you're going to need to forward a port on your router to your camera. That way, when you connect to that public IP using a specified port, the router will send the traffic to your camera.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i agree with above, my girl says shes got all kinds of chit going on to get it to work that i dont understand. lol
Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I do have a static IP address(4 of them) avalible if needed but I still don't get it and need a work sheet to walk me through any way that is needs to be done. thanks for any help.

Darren,
Work is an overload with issue on top of issue, this being one of them. I am now using a TP2 and love it and hope to get an HD2 is it comes to sprint.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I found this WHen I found TINYCAM. I dont if this will work but give a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492081

Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I do have a static IP address(4 of them) avalible if needed but I still don't get it and need a work sheet to walk me through any way that is needs to be done. thanks for any help.
Here is my short version:

Your camera has been given an internal IP address for your internal network. You can't use that IP to access the camera from the outside.

You are going to use one of the static IP addresses you have. This is a publicly available address. To get this to work, the router/firewall that sits between the internet and your internal network has to be configured to send traffic from the Internet that is meant for your camera, to your camera. This is done through "port forwarding".

Check your camera's documentation to see if there are any special requirements for a port you can use. (A port is just a number.) You need to check to see if there are port numbers that you should or shouldn't use, and find out the port type you should use (UDP or TCP).

Once you know the port number and type you are going to use, the router/firewall should be configured in port forwarding to forward traffic arriving for that port to your camera. Let's say your camera's INTERNAL IP address is 192.168.1.200 and you are going to use port 400. You'll tell the router/firewall (for the specific static IP you're going to use) to forward port 400 to 192.168.1.200.

Let's say your PUBLIC static IP is 200.200.200.123. To access your camera from the outside, you'll put http://200.200.200.123:400 in the address bar of your browser. Since there is a ":400" at the end of the address, when the traffic gets to your router, it will send the traffic to your camera since the traffic has been identified for port 400.

Well, maybe not short, but about the shortest I could do.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help, it's a start. I'll have to keep on this.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

SecretAgentMan is correct. Ima post a link of a website that I use when I need to open ports .

http://portforward.com/
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
SecretAgentMan is correct. Ima post a link of a website that I use when I need to open ports .

http://portforward.com/
That is a GREAT link and will go over that throughly, THANKS!

Does anyone highly recommend a camera?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2