PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

demonike84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
audiomanager_eng.exe Issues

Please forgive me if this has been answered before, I have done quite a bit of searching. Any rom I install with sense ui 2.5 I can not play music at the music tab. music will play in wmp fine. When I go to the music tab I can start a song but it will only play for around ten seconds. I have tried installing a new\different version of htc audio manager, removing songs, puting songs on the phone itself instead of the sd card, and installed every rom on here. the music plays fine when I have a rom installed with sense ui 2.1. If anyone else has had this problem and found a fix I would really appreciate any help. Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

demonike84 is a n00b
Re: audiomanager_eng.exe Issues

am I the only person with this problem
Old 01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

cgwaters is a n00b

Hi. I have the same problem. It's been occurring since soon after I started using my TP2 back in September. I have not installed any ROMs. I get the error on the Music tab. I installed Pocket Player 4.1 about a month ago; I get the error in that app, too. No errors in WMP.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This is a VERY Common problem with manila 2.5.

The HTC music app NEVER works right with long playlists using 2.5.

~John
Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Lurker

cgwaters is a n00b

But why do third-party music players (like Pocket Player) generate the same error? And why doesn't WMP generate the error? BTW, the error occurs almost immediately after I start Pocket Player--even before I select a song or a stream to play.

Is HTC aware of this problem? (Pardon my ignorance, but is there a newer official version of manila? Like you, I'm on Verizon. I'm still waiting for WM 6.5 and I haven't installed any unofficial updates.)

I forgot to mention that I have about 300 MP3 files on my microSD card and that the error only occurs if the card is present. If the card is not present while Pocket Player is running and I thereafter insert the card (even though I'm not accessing anything on the card), the error occurs immediately. When the error occurs and even after acknowledging the error, Pocket Player continues playing music--so it's more of an annoyance than a showstopper. But again, the error never occurs in WMP--whether the card is present or not...and even if I play an MP3 file that is on the card.

Last edited by cgwaters; 01-05-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I'm using Mighty War 12/30 and have no issue with the music tab. I played a song just now for exactly 1 minute. Not sure about Pocket player since I don't use it.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker

cgwaters is a n00b

Thanks. I edited my message at about the same time of your post...to say that the problem only occurs when a storage card with music is present. Do you have a storage card in your device...and does it contain music?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
I'm using Mighty War 12/30 and have no issue with the music tab. I played a song just now for exactly 1 minute. Not sure about Pocket player since I don't use it.
Playing a song for one minute isn't really testing anything (& I had exactly the same music tab problems with that ROM that I did with every other sense 2.5 ROM I tried)

Try creating a 120 song playlist & see how that plays (it will play just fine using WMP)

~John
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Lurker

cgwaters is a n00b

I Bing'd "'Touch Pro 2' 'audiomanager_eng.exe'" and came across a number of hits.

Some of the recommendations were to tweak the registry, delete audiomanager_eng.vol, then reset the phone, etc. I tried numerous permutations of this, without success.

A common recommendation was to delete corrupt MP3 files from the storage card. I doubted this was the problem, but gave it a try anyway. I deleted folders from \Storage Card\Music, one by one, updating the library within WMP after each delete, until the error no longer occurred. Then I tested Pocket Player; no error there, either. Then I re-copied the music from my PC to the storage card, updated the library within WMP, and then tested Pocket Player. No more errors!

I'm not sure if these steps truly resolved the problem, but at least the errors are no longer occurring. Perhaps this will resolve the problem for other users, too.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Starhub

XenoSaga is a n00b

I'm using HTC HD2 and I encountered the same issue. I've managed to resolve the issue(or rather, a workaround).

It seems like the issue was due to too many entries. I guess the audiomanager can't handle a large database of music file, and maybe files with non-English content (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc) in the details and filename.

I've tried deleting the MSMETADATA folder on the SD card, reduced the number of music files drastically (from 2gb worth of songs to just 20 songs), renamed the AudioManager_eng.vol file on the phone storage, then restarted the phone.

Next, I accessed Windows Media application and chose to Update Library from the Library option. After that, I am able to play the remaining songs from the HTC Sense UI without further crashes of the AudioManager_Eng.exe.

I'll try adding more songs bit by bit and see what causes the issue. I'd suggest updating the library each time music is added/removed, and to limit the number of songs you put on your phone. Apparently the AudioManager cannot take the load of your huge music library, and maybe HTC didn't design the program with hardcore music listeners in mind.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2