PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with my TP2 and am ordering another, but may have issue...

So since I have had my TP2, aside from my keyboard being crooked, I have had this annoying error report popup every night that tells me to "send" or "dont send" error on manilla.exe. I have not done anything with this phone and a hard reset or soft reset does not solve the issue. This happens everytime I charge over night and sometimes when my phone is asleep.

My volume up button has been getting mushier and mushier, or harder to push so I decided to go call it in and tell them my problems. They agreed that the crooked keyboard is most likely a quality control issue and are not sure about the manilla.exe problem. I have never flashed and have been babying this phone with stock rom since day 1 or 2.5 weeks ago.

So now the issue is my rebate. Before I had called and even posted here about the rebate and the lady that I ordered the one said I need to do another one. I was like but the rebate form I had only worked with phones that were purchased before 1/09/10. How is that going to work. She said try it anyways and I informed her that I called other reps and they all said I wouldn't need to do another since I am exchanging for the exact same phone. She said "No, they are mistaken". Now I am worried I may not get my rebate back.

Any thoughts?? My Touch Pro nightmare from a year ago is now beginning to surface again with the Touch Pro 2....
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Problems with my TP2 and am ordering another, but may have issue...

You can disable all Error feedback if you go into the system setting's, You are ok on the Rebate, If by chance it is denied, then you can call the rebate department and they will approve it on the spot without any bs to go along with it, The rebate department is on the customer's side, and everytime I had to call for a customer they always approved it on spot.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Threadstarter

reyrey127 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
You can disable all Error feedback if you go into the system setting's, You are ok on the Rebate, If by chance it is denied, then you can call the rebate department and they will approve it on the spot without any bs to go along with it, The rebate department is on the customer's side, and everytime I had to call for a customer they always approved it on spot.
thanks bro.... i was so worried... by any chance do you know the sprint rebate number directly?? thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

800-477-4127
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2