PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using Navigon 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Are you saying just TTS does not work on some custom ROMs. Because I have been dealing with that issue myself with iGuidance. And have come to realize the root cause is VoiceCommand grabbing some resource. And with some VoiceCommand you can get it to let go and still have VoiceCommand and TTS in GPS Nav software.

Kudo's to DonC for figuring out the twiddle part of VoiceCommand.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...79#post1497779

I have two TouchPro 2 on custom ROM's that didn't work before, then managed to get them both working but one reverted back on me but I think I left VoiceCommand in the wrong state.

As a first pass disable VoiceCommand, reboot then test your TTS.
twiddle???

Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBix View Post
Hi,
I've been using Navigon 7 on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 for the past year and it works better than solutions that depend on being connected online. Have all of Europe and the only thing today I miss is newer maps than Q3 2008.
I was wondering if TTS works well on it. I know some pronounce street names incorrectly.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
I was wondering if TTS works well on it. I know some pronounce street names incorrectly.
TTS works fairly well. I've run into some areas that the street names are a little weird and french names (New Orleans) didn't work so well, but majority of the time it works well. Especially in some of the middle of nowhere areas that I have been in with little to no service.

The problem with Nav 7 that I have had is a lot of the new construction is not up to date, no traffic or camera related info and the maps are not covered by their up to date guarantee like they are on their GPS devices that updates about once a quarter.

The good is that the views are more accurate (the land icons are great) and the UI is easy to get around.

I usually run Trapster in the background with Nav 7 so that I can have a little of both in place.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
maps are not covered by their up to date guarantee like they are on their GPS devices that updates about once a quarter.
I'm thinking of buying it, but it states on their web site that the compile date for the maps is 4th Quarter 2009. I would like to give someone a begin point ad end point and post back what it came up with for a route.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2