PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Stuck with Unwanted Clocks

I've just got my TP2, upgraded from the original, and have been surfing the threads to customize it. However, I think I'm stuck with clocks that keep me from installing a new program.

I first installed "Aashmirs Trans Flip Clock" (found somewhere in the forum), which I think was supposed to be a clear flip clock. I then installed "Background for All Pages" (also found here on PPC Geeks), which kind of worked except on the home tab there was a big white block on the screen, no matter the background. Then I installed the "T-mobile" clock, as the affects of the Aashmirs clock didn't register unless I had the Background for all Pages installed (which I uninstalled due to the white block issue). So now I'm stuck with both Aashmirs and T-mobile clocks (ironically, the standard HTC clock is showing on my home screen) and I don't seem to be able to uninstall either one.

I recently found HDWall Wallpaper cab [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=mobilematt] which gives me what I was originally looking for: a clear clock with backgrounds on all pages. Unfortunately I can't get it to work I presume because of the former two clocks.

So my big question is, is there a way to uninstall or registry edit out the other two clocks without having to clear storage/hard reset my phone? With the exception of this issue I've got it how I want it and don't want to have to start allllll over.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Stuck with Unwanted Clocks

just go to settings tab, click all settings, if on stock rom, go to personal tab, if on 6.5 rom, in start menu click settings then personal, fron here click today, then items, then unchek tf3d if on stock, if on 6.5 rom then uncheck sense, and uninstall the clocks, reboot, and follow those same steps to bring back up the tf3d or sense ui. if this doesnt work, they may be uninstallable. but this would always work for me, just make sure when you install the clocks they are for the correct version, i.e. tf3d 2.1 sense 2.1 or sense 2.5,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm trying that out and re-installing the HDWallpaper...hope it works...thanks!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hot dog!! After another hour of searching, trial and error, I FINALLY got it to work! In case there is anyone else as slow as me who has a bunch of clocks installed and can't get it right, here are my steps:

1. Do as Insomniac (above) instructed to get rid of any installed clocks. Some may say it can't be uninstalled, but try anyway.

2. DON'T relaunch TouchFlow yet; soft reset (you might be doing a lot of that)

3. Install the clock cabs from post #144 by Twilk: Activate Flip Clock and Clear Clock
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=78019&page=15 (these are renamed cabs of someone else by I forget who)

4. Install Activate Flip Clock and soft reset if prompted (or even if you're not, just to be on the safe side).

5. With TouchFlo STILL OFF, install Clear Clock. Soft reset.

6. Install Background for All Pages (should be found on first page of Touch Pro2 Tweaks, Hacks, etc.)

7. Soft reset. After phone loads, turn TouchFlo back on. What you SHOULD have is a transparent flip clock with white numbers, and the background on each tab page.

Some say a soft reset isn't necessary, just turn TouchFlo off then back on, but after working on this phone for umpteen hours, it works best if you just follow the soft reset prompts.

Also, here is a nice collection of clocks:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57571
I think this is guy who made the clock cabs in the above instructions. Since it took me forever to get my clock right I'm a bit hesistant to try anything else, but they all look really cool, and it's a large assortment.

Hope this helps someone else besides me!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2